Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR receiver

draeca
Just Moved In
VIP 5602 - whereisthenIR receiver?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 4k boxes do not have an IR extender port. They are very good and receiving the remote signal if bounced off a ceiling or wall though. If you place your box behind a wall mounted TV and make sure to keep the front of it facing the roof you shouldn't have any issues when pointing the remote up towards the ceiling as the signal will bounce down to the box.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

IslandGuy
Coach

Are you trying to hookup an ir extender?

I guess that is what it is called.  Cable box is behind viewing area.  IR worked on previous wireleass box, but can;t find where to place it on new 4K box.

The 4k boxes do not have an IR extender port. They are very good and receiving the remote signal if bounced off a ceiling or wall though. If you place your box behind a wall mounted TV and make sure to keep the front of it facing the roof you shouldn't have any issues when pointing the remote up towards the ceiling as the signal will bounce down to the box.

This is bang on. Have the 4K Box. I spent about an hour trying to figure why my remote no longer worked. Totally overlooked d the fact that when I unplugged the box behind my TV the prior night, when I plugged it back in & hung it on the back of the TV  I must have put it upside down.. I have an extender attached to my TV that i thought i relied on. Unbeknownst to me it was from when I had shaw & was now plugged in to nothing. I thought the extender was the issue. Idiot.

I only have the 4K PVR.. The ir spot is 1/4" to the right of the red record light..

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/IR-Extender-Problem-Solved/td-p/105225

tgnp40
Just Moved In

Any luck finding the IR port? I need it for my URC control system