cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete the Telus Optik TV Startup Menu?

RonAKA
Rockstar

I detest that new startup menu system that gets in the way every time I turn my TV on. Is there a way to turn it off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero
Yes, press the option button on the remote when you see the home screen. You can turn it off there. It's not intuitive that you need to see it to turn it off. The home screen is my second most hated feature. My most hated feature is the status bar that comes up every time I select a program to watch. Unfortunately there's no way to turn that off.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Hero
Yes, press the option button on the remote when you see the home screen. You can turn it off there. It's not intuitive that you need to see it to turn it off. The home screen is my second most hated feature. My most hated feature is the status bar that comes up every time I select a program to watch. Unfortunately there's no way to turn that off.

Thank you I will try it. I use a programmable Logitek Harmony remote and it may not have that button, but I will dig out the Telus remote to try it. Hopefully it stays that way. And yes, that stuff that comes up at the bottom of the screen is a pain too. 

I have the Options button on my Harmony app.

Screenshot_20200415-102003_Harmony.png

I have a Harmony 650 and don't seem to have that button. I used the Telus remote and after I figured out that you have to use the Options button when the initial menu was showing, it worked fine. It seems to me that the "E" button next to the zero on my 650 used to do something. Now it doesn't seem to do anything. This remote is getting a little long in the tooth. Perhaps the key is defective. When I was in there with the Options button, I was also able to set the Guide to only show subscribed channels. I used to be able to do that before too, and now can't seem to with this Harmony remote.