cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hospital tv access

PatNanaimo
Just Moved In
Hi there,
Ordered optik tv for my father while in hospital. Prior to 2022 price per day was $6.00.
Currently $14.00 per day.
How the F*** do you justify this increase for a contracted closed system. CRTC and Competition Bureau should be notified of this %120 increase for a service.
I know your typical response is then don't order it, but pretty sad when you are taking advantage of sick and terminally ill people.
Signed,
A really pissed off Son.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, the purchase of TV services at a hospital is a third party, and not Telus. You should query the supplier at the hospital.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @PatNanaimo 

Unfortunately, no one here will have access to your account details...but for clarity, are you subscribing to Optik TV at a residential address and then accessing it at the hospital, or are you subscribing to it through the hospital?

Residential Optik TV is charged monthly, not daily, and current plans range from $25 per month to over $100 depending on which combo, number of theme packs etc (11 Theme Packs & 2 Premiums is regularly $118/month). $14 per day is over $400 per month; it would take a LOT of channels to get to this level, so something is fishy. 

I would suggest calling in to an agent to review your subscription details; if you are on a 2 year contract, your price should not change unless you add or remove channels/theme packs (or rent movies, order pay-per-view, etc.).

If you are subscribing to Optik TV through the hospital, I would talk to them, since individual business agreements will vary.

Just to clarify
Ordered optik tv at Comox Valley HOSPITAL.
Daily price pre-2022 was $6.00 per day.
Current daily price is $14.00 per day.
How does Telus justify a 233% increase and is the Canadian Competition Bureau aware of this?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, the purchase of TV services at a hospital is a third party, and not Telus. You should query the supplier at the hospital.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"