cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History TV Canada Issues...

DCEJJAB
Neighbour

Hi everyone,

So, History TV Canada has a few shows starting their new seasons right away. Mountain Men, Forged In Fire and Counting Cars. I have my record settings for all 3 of these shows set at "First Run Only" but the episode dates on the Optik guide are wrong. The new episode advertised for tonight's season premiere of Forged In Fire has an original air date of July 2018, thus not recording. I changed my settings to "First Run & Rerun" but is now recording 21 episodes of each show. Is this a telus optik issue with putting the correct episode dates in or am I missing something? Any solution besides recording 60 episodes I've already seen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although multiples are marked, it should record only one of each episode. If you watch and delete an episode, it will record it again, if it comes up on the schedule.

Also, Telus does not create the schedule listings, they are supplied by a third party. Is it possible they were aired in July by another channel?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although multiples are marked, it should record only one of each episode. If you watch and delete an episode, it will record it again, if it comes up on the schedule.

Also, Telus does not create the schedule listings, they are supplied by a third party. Is it possible they were aired in July by another channel?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Ok. But my problem is that it's taping every episode of the series now instead of the new episode that I want. This is due to the "Original Air Date" being wrong.

It's possible the episode air dates are from History Channel USA but that still doesn't help people who want to watch the new episodes in Canada. Shouldn't telus be more aware and concerned about getting the dates right?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't set the original air dates in the guide. That information is provided by the broadcaster. I've had issues with a few shows on Discovery I wanted to watch. They advertised a new season but the air dates were a couple months old as they aired in the US first. I had to set my PVR to record all episodes for the one show and just deleted the old episodes it recorded.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂