cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat problem ?

Irishgranny
Leader

Can this heat cause your live programs to "pixelate" ?  Local live programs and CNN & MSNBC....only if it's live ?  Or is it just my tv ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

It could just be the signal that CNN or other channels are providing. There is no way to determine if the issue is only at Telus' end, unless it was affecting multiple channels. I'm not sure how it works with American feeds, but if they are broadcasting from the same area with inclement weather, that would be an issue as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Heat should have no bearing on your pixelation issue. If it continues schedule a service call with Telus. 

Talked to a service rep...after 1/2 hr of trying different things, finally just re-booted, he did a few things and it cleared up.  of course, the room had cooled down by then.  He's going to check with me tomorrow night....asked that I keep the PVR on for most of the day & evening and make a note of how it's working at various times.   Didn't think it was heat-related, but will see tomorrow.  If it is, guess I'll be watching tv in the bedroom for the next week if the weather forcast is accurate.  Thanks for all the advice...fingers crossed !

Hit the record button the next time you see the pixelation. Play the recording later when there is no pixelation and see if the pixelation is in the recording or not. If the problem is at the source or network related it will be recorded that way. If the problem is on the box (CPU overheat issue) then the recording will likely not be pixelated.

Great idea ! I did spend a good 1/2 hr yesterday with a Telus tech. Think it may be fixed...but we'll see. He's going to check back with me tonight...I've had the tv on since 10am and no problems so far ! Fingers crossed ! Thanks for you input...if it happens again, will try your suggestion....😀

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

It could just be the signal that CNN or other channels are providing. There is no way to determine if the issue is only at Telus' end, unless it was affecting multiple channels. I'm not sure how it works with American feeds, but if they are broadcasting from the same area with inclement weather, that would be an issue as well.