cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI 1 to HDMI 2

watson
Just Moved In

I have the new Slim remote. None of the online help relates to solving the issue. 2 weeks later and I've still not understood what to do. Most frustrating so hope someone is able to guide me through the steps. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The slimline remote older generation had an input button. Slimline two does not. You can always reach out to Telus and see if any slimline remotes are still available. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have the Optik TV slim line 2 remote shown here they do not have an input button. It was removed when they came out. Only the original slim line remotes can switch source inputs on your tv.

You can always purchase a Logitech harmony remote that is really the Cadillac in terms of function.

Thank you WCBC. if the Sllim is an upgrade I'm confused by its limitations. Thank you for the Harmony tip but another gadget isn't my first choice. When Optic was installed, the agent flipped between HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 using Slim and  the ???something remote???. I've tried to fiddle but 2 weeks later, all I've accomplished is more frustration.  Would you be able to guess what he did? Any guidance is much appreciated.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The slimline remote older generation had an input button. Slimline two does not. You can always reach out to Telus and see if any slimline remotes are still available.