cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CraveTV accounts

PaulJT
Organizer
I signed up for CraveTV through TELUS. I watch on my TV via channel 410. I finally got the Crave TV app on my iPhone and login with my Telus account. The app remembers my viewing history but the TV doesn’t. In fact, the set-top box never gave me an opportunity to login. Is there someway to sync the two accounts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Synching isn’t possible unless there was an actual “app” login like Netflix on the Optik receiver. But I highly doubt bell media would make one.

Bell Media is definitely finicky to support all platforms and make things uniform.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vishwa
Leader

The set top box doesn't need any login as it is controlled by the head-end.  App, on the other hand, may be installed on any device and that is why it needs a login.  

Can't answer the second part about the sync.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Synching isn’t possible unless there was an actual “app” login like Netflix on the Optik receiver. But I highly doubt bell media would make one.

Bell Media is definitely finicky to support all platforms and make things uniform.

Thanks @WestCoasterBC , this isn't the first time you've chimed in and helped me. 🙂

I'm amazed at how klunky the Crave interface is on the set top, so hard to pick up where I left off with a series. I have discovered that the Prev button on my Telus remote will help me return to the series I was watching if it was recently enough in my channel changes. 

The interfaces are so wildly different on set top vs iPhone app that it almost seems as if there's more content available on the app!

In fact, the Crave app on my iPhone is sooo much better I might start casting from the app to my Chromecast instead of using channel 410.

Thanks again for your input @WestCoasterBC  and @vishwa  🙂

Thanks for the input, @vishwa . I wasn't aware i could only mark one answer as helpful. I'll pick yours next time 😉 

Since there's no way of identifying myself on the set top (other than however it does it built-in) that explains why there's no way I can see to get activity on my phone to be reflected on my set top.