Chromecast Router setup

GfunkDub
Resident

Has anyone had any success with this setup to help me avoid a call to telus tech support? Thanks. Chromecast Router setup - per Google (https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/355932?hl=en), the following settings are recommended (see below). Once inside my Router admin page, I can find IGMP but not Multicast (maybe part of IGMP settings?) or AP/Client isolation settings. Also, not sure if current IGMP settings are correct (see mine below)?  I am on the T3200M Modem but the only thread in the telus Neighborhood is locked and blocked! https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Chromecast-not-working-with-T3200M/td-p/76554

IGMP Configuration

IGMP Snooping

IGMP Snooping Enable: checked
Standard Mode blank
Blocking Mode radio button enabled

IGMP Protocol

Default Version:                         version 2               
Query Interval:40
Query Response Interval:10
Last Member Query Interval:1
Robustness Value:4
Maximum Multicast Groups:16
Maximum Multicast Data Sources (for IGMPv3):128
Maximum Multicast Group Members:128
Fast Leave Enable:yes
LAN to LAN (Intra LAN) Multicast Enable:yes

Google post:

Hi everyone!

We often hear that users have issues with their router settings when they first set up Chromecast. Here’s what you need to Set Up Chromecast:

• If you're using Chromecast 1st gen, use the required 2.4 GHz WiFi band, not 5 GHz.
  • Make sure your router is within 10-15 feet of your Chromecast.
  • Enable: Multicast and Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
  • Disable: AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs), proxy servers, IGMP Proxy
  • Please note, each router and its settings are a bit different. Contact your router manufacturer for details.
  • If you’re using a BT Hub, turn off the Smart Setup feature in the router settings and reset the Chromecast. Check out Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Home Hub 4 or Hub 5 for more details.
xray
All-Star
You only need to mess with the router setting if you are having problems setting up your Chromecast. You haven't given any details about what problems you are encountering.