This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.
Has anyone had any success with this setup to help me avoid a call to telus tech support? Thanks. Chromecast Router setup - per Google (https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/355932?hl=en), the following settings are recommended (see below). Once inside my Router admin page, I can find IGMP but not Multicast (maybe part of IGMP settings?) or AP/Client isolation settings. Also, not sure if current IGMP settings are correct (see mine below)? I am on the T3200M Modem but the only thread in the telus Neighborhood is locked and blocked! https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Chromecast-not-working-with-T3200M/td-p/76554
|IGMP Snooping Enable: checked|
|Standard Mode blank|
|Blocking Mode radio button enabled|
|Default Version:||version 2|
|Query Response Interval:||10|
|Last Member Query Interval:||1|
|Maximum Multicast Groups:||16|
|Maximum Multicast Data Sources (for IGMPv3):||128|
|Maximum Multicast Group Members:||128|
|Fast Leave Enable:||yes|
|LAN to LAN (Intra LAN) Multicast Enable:||yes|
- If you're using Chromecast 1st gen, use the required 2.4 GHz WiFi band, not 5 GHz.
- Make sure your router is within 10-15 feet of your Chromecast.
- Enable: Multicast and Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
- Disable: AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs), proxy servers, IGMP Proxy
- Please note, each router and its settings are a bit different. Contact your router manufacturer for details.
- If you’re using a BT Hub, turn off the Smart Setup feature in the router settings and reset the Chromecast. Check out Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Home Hub 4 or Hub 5 for more details.