cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Which Mode Volume Controls

Nollind
Friendly Neighbour

I’ve got an original slimline remote 1 and I changed my remote before so that the volume adjusts my TV programmed to my TV mode. However, I’d like my remote to now adjust the volume on my receiver programmed to my AUX mode instead.

Unfortunately I’ve forgotten the two or three volume codes that change which mode (OPTIK, TV, AUX) you want tied to the volume buttons on the remote. Can someone remind me what they are?

Again just to confirm and clarify. I do not need the brand device codes to program my devices with my remote. I already have those. I need the volume control codes instead. So when the mode is on OPTIK and I increase or decrease the volume, it adjusts the volume of the device I’ve already programmed to my TV or AUX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nollind
Friendly Neighbour

I just realized I’m mixing up features on the various remotes. The remote code I was thinking of was the one on the slimline remote 2 to pair the power button to turn on your Optik box and TV with a single press (using code 0007). 

So there is no code to choose what mode the volume controls on the slimline remote 1 use. Instead the slimline remote 1 automatically determines this by whatever you program on the remote. For example, if you program your TV to the TV mode on the remote, the volume buttons on your remote automatically link to changing the volume on your TV. If you then program your receiver or amp to the AUX mode, the volume buttons on your remote automatically link to changing the volume on your receiver or amp. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nollind
Friendly Neighbour

I just realized I’m mixing up features on the various remotes. The remote code I was thinking of was the one on the slimline remote 2 to pair the power button to turn on your Optik box and TV with a single press (using code 0007). 

So there is no code to choose what mode the volume controls on the slimline remote 1 use. Instead the slimline remote 1 automatically determines this by whatever you program on the remote. For example, if you program your TV to the TV mode on the remote, the volume buttons on your remote automatically link to changing the volume on your TV. If you then program your receiver or amp to the AUX mode, the volume buttons on your remote automatically link to changing the volume on your receiver or amp.