cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I adjust the menus in Optik 4K?

JayArr
Just Moved In

I'm pretty satisfied with my Optik TV overall, I've got a good price, it's reliable and there's lots to watch BUT...

I HATE the UI (user interface)

Is there any way to take control of it and set it up so that it's intuitive to my preferences instead of being a digital shill for Telus' PPV items?

Every time I want to watch an on demand show I have to hit:

Menu

down (recordings)

down (on demand)

OK

up

up

up

up

up

right

right

then I can select the series I want followed by

browse seasons

then I can finally select the episode I want and start it BUT I have to remember which episode I'm on because there is no indication of what I've watched or not watched.

Honestly... it's 2019 should I be this frustrated by my own TV? Or is it just me?

Am I supposed to be happy with 15-20 remote commands to get back to the series I was last watching?

Why can't it remember what I was watching last night and start me there, and tell me what episodes I've seen.

If there is a hack for these ARRIS boxes that will get me into the service menu and allow these patterns to change I'd love to hear about it.

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Guardian
Both the slimline and the slimline 2 remotes have a dedicated On Demand button. You don't need to do the first 3 steps in your list.

I'm not in front of my TV right now so I can't really follow what you are trying to do with the rest of your steps.

xray
Guardian

@JayArr wrote:

then I can select the series I want followed by

browse seasons

then I can finally select the episode I want and start it BUT I have to remember which episode I'm on because there is no indication of what I've watched or not watched.

Honestly... it's 2019 should I be this frustrated by my own TV? Or is it just me?

Am I supposed to be happy with 15-20 remote commands to get back to the series I was last watching?

Why can't it remember what I was watching last night and start me there, and tell me what episodes I've seen.

If there is a hack for these ARRIS boxes that will get me into the service menu and allow these patterns to change I'd love to hear about it.

What I do is mark the Series as a favorite and also mark the next episode I want to watch as a favorite. Then I just go back to my favorites to continue instead of drilling down to find it again.

JayArr
Just Moved In

Thanks, I don't know why I wasn't using the on demand button.

all of the "up"s are to get from "featured" up to "my videos"

It seems like Telus always wants me to land on "featured" because that's where I would spend a few extra dollars. Typical pinstripe greed!

I already have the series marked as a favorite but haven't been marking the next episode, I'll try that.

Hey Telus - if your listening... we shouldn't have to do this! Netflix has shown us that the UI can be friendly and intuitive, that yours isn't shows your either incompetant or you deliberately want to treat your customers as nothing more than cash cows to be milked. Next time you're crying in your whiskey because Netflix is causing us to cut the cord remember that you treat us like crap and that's why we have no loyalty.

Yeah, I hear you. It seems searches always favours the paid on demand matches instead of the matches on Crave which I subscribe to. So annoying.