cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headphone pairing

polecat
All-Star

Can you use the bluetooth feature on vip5662w to use bluetooth headphones. And are headphone and tv sound both available with their own volume control. Polecat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is no Bluetooth features available on the TELUS receiver. You would have to purchase something that could be integrated with the electronics you have.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is no Bluetooth features available on the TELUS receiver. You would have to purchase something that could be integrated with the electronics you have.

@WestCoasterBC  Thank you i  will find something that will work for me lots of time these days. Polecat

This is what I use, I have an older Bluethooth 4.1 version of this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Golvery-Bluetooth-4-1-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B01N4GK874/ref=sr_1_28

If your headphones are AptX compatible (all of mine are) then you won't have sound/video syncing issues. I have my Optik box connected to my sound system that has a headphone jack. I also have my TV optical out connected to my sound system as well on a different input so I can also use the Bluetooth transmitter for gaming or the Chromecast.

@xray  Thanks for that direction i can take . nothing has being bought yet and this will help me making up my mind. Maybe a new tv is in order mine is really old.Polecat

pbsme
Ambassador

My hearing aids came with a device that connects to an audio receiver or TV to give Bluetooth.  The sound goes directly into the hearing aids In stereo, of course. For music, I often pair over-the-ear headphones which also connect to the device. I know you can buy such a unit to get Bluetooth for a reasonable price. 

My newer LG TVs have Bluetooth built in (Samsungs do too), so no need for those devices anymore. However, the best results are from my AppleTV. The pairing is much easier and the range is superior. Now that there is an Optik AppleTV App, I can use that most of the time to view Telus Optik, instead of the 5662 4K box. 

I hope that information was somehow helpful.