cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arris 4K Box Rebooting

Minky
Ambassador

Just now, I was watching You Tube on the channel that advertises watching 4K videos on You Tube and my first two selections stopped playing for only a few minutes (for 40+ minutes material).  Then the ARRIS BOX started rebooting.  Anyone else have this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The one time I had a hard crash, and the box rebooted to the diagnostics it became stuck. I unplugged it and let it boot again, I think it failed one more time then came back to life.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Minky
Ambassador

On screen message says Set-top problem detected. One moment please testing in progress.

Self tests 15% Completed (like for 10 minutes now!)

STB will reboot automatically in few minutes.   ??

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The one time I had a hard crash, and the box rebooted to the diagnostics it became stuck. I unplugged it and let it boot again, I think it failed one more time then came back to life.

That is what I finally did and I got a reboot by Telus and not the Arris screen..

Did you notice whether the box was hot? Overheating seems to be an issue when using the Netflix app. If your box is in a cabinet or stacked on top of other warm components it exacerbates the problem.

Kjay
Just Moved In
I’m having the same issue how did you resolve yours

I had this happen twice in 2 days.  Both times when exiting YouTube.

JC9
Neighbour
Me too! No warning, no nothing. Very irritating

JC9
Neighbour
How long did it take for it to reboot ? Mine is stuck on 15 minutes completed

JC9
Neighbour
Unplug the connection on your main modem, wait 30 secs and plug it back it . My t v went back and rebooted in seconds