cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there ANY On Demand 4K HDR movies?

D18
Organizer

We received a Telus email advertising “.Enjoy a free 4K HdR movie on us” good for the month of July. They then give step by step instructions how to do this.   Following their instructions to go to ON Demand and search for 4K HDR , results on NO movies or programs at all....not a single one!

Has anyone managed to get this to work, or are there really no 4K movies on Optic ON Demand?

I tried contacting Telus by sending a detailed message but no reply. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@D18 Not sure how they can’t locate the 4K HDR section. Shows up perfectly fine in the steps I stated below and seems a few more titles have been added. No issues on my 4K PVR or 4K boxes.

If it’s missing definitely something on your account isn’t setup right. I assume you don’t see 4K HDR, 4K, or 3D?

Bladerunner 2049 isn’t available for rent on 4K HDR only purchase for $18.

CAAF452F-343B-4A9C-A566-29FB9D304A02.jpeg

5D9F141B-9ECB-4098-A1F1-2ECE76D33877.jpeg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
On the remote press On Demand, navigate down to “movies”, press the right arrow you will see $3 movies on Optik. Press the down arrow on the remote till you see “4K HDR”, click on View all.

There are 79 movies to choose from.

If you just use search you have to enter it as “4K HDR”.

We do have a 4K PVR and have followed your directions but there is no category for 4K HDR movies listed. Will have to call Telus as it seems they may not have our service properly set up. We do see the 4K sports channels and have the 4K Netflicks service.

Thanks any way.

@WestCoasterBC wrote:
On the remote press On Demand, navigate down to “movies”, press the right arrow you will see $3 movies on Optik. Press the down arrow on the remote till you see “4K HDR”, click on View all.

There are 79 movies to choose from.

If you just use search you have to enter it as “4K HDR”.

I just finished chatting with Telus and they were not able to find any 4K HDR movies either in ONDEMAND. 

As I understand from your response you definitely have a 4K HDR category in the Movies section of ONDEMAND. Weird!

Is one of the listed movies Blade Runner 2049? When you click on it for more info does it show HD or 4K HDR?

Thanks

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@D18 Not sure how they can’t locate the 4K HDR section. Shows up perfectly fine in the steps I stated below and seems a few more titles have been added. No issues on my 4K PVR or 4K boxes.

If it’s missing definitely something on your account isn’t setup right. I assume you don’t see 4K HDR, 4K, or 3D?

Bladerunner 2049 isn’t available for rent on 4K HDR only purchase for $18.

CAAF452F-343B-4A9C-A566-29FB9D304A02.jpeg

5D9F141B-9ECB-4098-A1F1-2ECE76D33877.jpeg

Thanks for the screen shots.... very helpful.

we do have a 3D category but not 4K or 4K  HDR.

I’m on the phone with Telus again to hopefully have them correct the programming of our subscriptions.

Thanks for your help.

Minky
Ambassador

You need a 4K PVR to see the 4K Movies listing!

Bengali
Just Moved In
I am in the same boat, I can’t see nothing on the menu, did you get any answer from telus?

I get the same thing as Westcoaster.  With a good TV they look amazing.