cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone locked out of Crave apps? But can still watch HBO via Optik app/PVR?

Blorchito
Organizer

Multiple times now, I get locked out of my Crave account and cannot access it via mobile device, Apple TV, etc. However, I continue to be able to access Crave content (eg HBO) via the Optik app or PVR. When I try to log in at crave.ca, it always fails claiming that my email address isn't registered. I have tried logging in as a direct Crave customer and as a Telus customer but neither works. What is going on?

SOLUTION: try logging in with a browser while in private/incognito mode, and in particular with a browser you don't normally use (perhaps a cookie issue).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

loosemeat
Advocate

I noticed this today as well. When I go to the Crave website where I had previously registered, I get the following message:

Welcome back to Crave

We noticed that you do not have an active subscription. In order to watch movies and TV Shows, add Crave to your current TV package.

However, using an In Private browser window, I was able to reauthenticate with my Telus credentials and log in correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

loosemeat
Advocate

I noticed this today as well. When I go to the Crave website where I had previously registered, I get the following message:

Welcome back to Crave

We noticed that you do not have an active subscription. In order to watch movies and TV Shows, add Crave to your current TV package.

However, using an In Private browser window, I was able to reauthenticate with my Telus credentials and log in correctly.

Happy to say your suggestion solved the problem - eventually. As soon as you mentioned incognito mode I remembered I did the same thing last year to solve the same problem. So I tried incognito/private mode in Chrome and Firefox which are the two browsers I normally use. That accomplished nothing. But when I tried with Edge (which I literally never use) I was able to log in, and immediately afterward I was able to log into my other devices. FWIW, I had tried selectively deleting relevant cookies in Chrome and FF (anything with "telus" or "bell" or "crave") but that didn't help. Perhaps if I deleted all my cookies it would have worked but that would be a measure of last resort.