cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 out of 4 PVRs not working after bridging modem

hdhanley
Neighbour

We added the Nighthawk to our network (plugged into port 1 of the modem) and we bridged our Telus Modem. Everything seems to be working except the PVR option on our Optik TV.  We have 4 boxes: the main box is still showing the list of recorded items, the other 3 boxes says "PVR offline" and does not show the list of recorded items but it does show scheduled items and if I hit record - it will record on the main box.  All 4 boxes are hardwired.  We have "reset" all the boxes and rebooted the modem.  What suggestions do you have?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd like to clarify what you actually have as far as Optik boxes. You only have one PVR and it's the one that still shows the recorded programs. The other boxes are not PVRs, they have no storage. They need to communicate with the PVR over your LAN to access the recorded programs.

I assume the troubleshooting included rebooting the router and Optik boxes in a specific order?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

With a bridged modem, the boxes likely cannot see each other. Are all the Optik boxes connected directly to the modem or are any connected to your new router? 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

That's exactly what it looks like.  They are connected to the Modem (we believe).  The only things my husband did was move a line from port 1 to port 2, added the Nighthawk to port 1 and turned on the bridge.  We have only put devices (cell phones, laptops, etc... ) on the new router.  Last night, I had him move the lines back but it didn't do anything so we are pretty sure it is the bridging.  

@Nighthawk latest update... we unplugged the Nighthawk, called Telus went through 40 minutes of troubleshooting and nothing worked.  We have a tech coming tomorrow morning. 

I'd like to clarify what you actually have as far as Optik boxes. You only have one PVR and it's the one that still shows the recorded programs. The other boxes are not PVRs, they have no storage. They need to communicate with the PVR over your LAN to access the recorded programs.

I assume the troubleshooting included rebooting the router and Optik boxes in a specific order?