cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up expiration date

Bill2341
Neighbour

I have a Talk an Text 100 plan that expires in May 2019. If I want to add $10 to my account, they seem to say that it will expire in 30 days. Does that mean that my Talk and Text 100 plan will expire in 30 days instead of the 8 months I have left? If so, how can I add money to my account while keeping my current expiration date. 

If I exceed the 400 minutes I have with the plan, am I right that I will be billed at .15c a minute from the money I have in the account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can add money to your account without buying a plan. Just add the cash via credit card or top-up voucher, and you will be good to go.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can add money to your account without buying a plan. Just add the cash via credit card or top-up voucher, and you will be good to go.

NFtoBC

Here is how I'm trying to do it:

- Under Account Management, in the section Account Activity/Current Balance I can see my balance and the expiration date (May 9, 2019).

- I click on the green button "Top up your account".

- I am then given the choice of method to top up. I choose "Credit Card".

- I am then given the choice of amount. If I want to add $10, it says that the credits (plural) will expire in 30 days.

So my new expiration date of the money in the account will be in 30 days instead of May 9, 2019 ?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have added extra cash to cover minutes on a prepaid plan many times without them expiring. You have to keep your account current (re-purchase your plan in May 2019) to keep your cash credits.

NFtoBC

If you add a $10 top-up today the expiry date will stay at May 9, 2019. The date doesn't roll back if you add a smaller amount with a shorter time frame. 

Lola
Rockstar

@Bill2341 wrote:

I have a Talk an Text 100 plan that expires in May 2019. If I want to add $10 to my account, they seem to say that it will expire in 30 days. Does that mean that my Talk and Text 100 plan will expire in 30 days instead of the 8 months I have left?

Yes, that's what it means. The new top-up expiration date overrides the old expiration date, so from there, you'd have to add another 100.00//365 day top-up to get your long expiration back, or keep adding cash to your account so the shorter expiration doesn't kick in and wipe you out.