cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provincial e911 fees?

canucks4life
Leader

Does Telus now only charge fees based on province of service?

I've seen other carriers don't charge for BC anymore yet my mother whose been on prepaid for over a decade still gets charged $0.75month?

30-Mar-2018 8:00 AMaccount adjustment911 fee transaction time: 30-Mar-2018 8:00 AM-$0.75$4.05
9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

-$0.75? That looks more like a credit than a charge. BC doesn't appear to have the fees currently. (Koodo page on 911 since I couldn't find a Telus one). @NFtoBC - since you're in BC, can you confirm?

I'm in Alberta where they still charge and on my statement I see the charge:  AB 911 Government Fee    $0.44. No minus sign before the number.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Agree with @polecat. I see the 911 fee on both landline and prepaid bills. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

10:31 - Robinta said:Thanks for your patience, you are correct, I'm just speaking with help desk, because your account old and you have a feature that no longer offered. That's why you are being charged for 911. Current rate plans have the 911 fee already included to those launched on or after June 2, 2015.

So basically she has been paying 0.75/month extra for 3 years now because there is a grandfathered messaging feature on account SMH.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@canucks4lifewrote:

10:31 - Robinta said:Thanks for your patience, you are correct, I'm just speaking with help desk, because your account old and you have a feature that no longer offered. That's why you are being charged for 911. Current rate plans have the 911 fee already included to those launched on or after June 2, 2015.

So basically she has been paying 0.75/month extra for 3 years now because there is a grandfathered messaging feature on account SMH.

Are you sure it is extra?  "Included in the fee" could mean the price increased to accommodate the absorption of the cost.

I'll happily pay the $0.75 monthly fee to keep my grandfathered $10 / month with rollover minutes rather than switch to the current prepaid plans.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hey there!

I just recently started working for Telus (BC Canada), and had a client come to our store upset that they are being charged this $0.75 fee each month for 911 even though they don't make any 911 calls. Ever since this, I have been looking at other prepaid customers bills and most of the time I don't see any 911 fee. The times I do see the fee is when the plan has been in fact grandfathered. 

Can you perhaps provide your source so I can be completely confident when assisting future customers experiencing this fee. 

@Bernerwrote:

Hey there!

I just recently started working for Telus (BC Canada), and had a client come to our store upset that they are being charged this $0.75 fee each month for 911 even though they don't make any 911 calls. Ever since this, I have been looking at other prepaid customers bills and most of the time I don't see any 911 fee. The times I do see the fee is when the plan has been in fact grandfathered. 

Can you perhaps provide your source so I can be completely confident when assisting future customers experiencing this fee. 

I believe it is solely based on how old the customers rate plan is see previous post which mentions the date helpdesk provided...if you guys still have access to Smartdesktop should be able to lookup rate plan details.

polecat
All-Star

I have had my prepaid account - 75 cents a month  for all the years that i have had it. Southern bc........

polecat
All-Star

Yes -75 cents on both my cell and house phone. Also on house account -09 cents provincial  network fee ??? It must be a grandfather thing...Deduct the fees or put them inside of monthly cost makes little difference to me.

polecat
All-Star

Looked around for 911 so many old telus sites (not only telus other sites that  they never take down) The site i found said all people are charged 911 fees but i could not find anything on network fees.