cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobility Plans

Suz
Organizer

I recently added a 3rd cell to my account and thought I had asked for long distance coverage to be put on it.  Needless to say it didn't and the first bill showed 3 days worth of long distance.  I went onto my account and chatted with a rep about adding long distance telling them it had to cover long distance as the constant travel between BC/AB for the person using the cell.  Good thing I printed the conversation because they assured long distance would be covered.  Here is 2 days later and the long distance charges are wracking up however the only call not charged long distance is when they called my cell.  This is so frustrating, so my question is... is there a plan I can get for that 1 cell that will cover all long distance when the person is on the road???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, each line on even a shared plan can have an individualized voice and text segment. Just go to the Build Your Own cellphone plan page, and step through to see how it works. Normally you can change this in My Account, but may be restricted to one plan change per month, so you may need to contact Telus again and specifically request the voice plan with nation-wide calling for the phone line (phone number) in question.

BTW, might the nation-wide calling option have been added to a different line on your account, instead of the one you wanted?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, each line on even a shared plan can have an individualized voice and text segment. Just go to the Build Your Own cellphone plan page, and step through to see how it works. Normally you can change this in My Account, but may be restricted to one plan change per month, so you may need to contact Telus again and specifically request the voice plan with nation-wide calling for the phone line (phone number) in question.

BTW, might the nation-wide calling option have been added to a different line on your account, instead of the one you wanted?

NFtoBC

Thank you for suggesting I look at the other 2 cell phones to see if NW was added... it was added to mine, but not to the individual that actually does the long distance calling from the road.  I think I will be contacting them again or even pay a visit to a Telus Store.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Go to the ‘Contact Us’ section at the bottom of the page. I did a Chat from my computer yesterday, and had my issue addressed in less than 10 minutes, and I’m no speed typist!

Far easier than visiting a store.

NFtoBC

Unfortunately it didn't work out so good for me.  I had originally stopped by a store and they confirmed all the notes were there and suggested I go back to the chat because they were the only ones that could make the change I needed.  My billing cycle starts on the 1st and because I wasn't able to chat with them until the 2nd they refuse to establish the UL NW to the correct cell until Feb 2nd.  Nobody explained that, I have printed notes of the communication that they had done it right away, never at any given time did they tell me it wouldn't take effect for an entire month and now I will be forced to pay long distance for anything accumulated over the next month.  I am disliking Telus more and more.  Don't even get me started about PIK TV...  Glad things worked out for you!