cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY TELUS... problem logging in

KAREN-NL
Just Moved In
I tried to log in this morning and got this message. Waited a couple hours to try and log in again only to get the same message. I only attempted once when I first tried logging in this morning so I don't know how I exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful attempts. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM TODAY OR IS IT JUST ME?? Sorry for the CAPS... wanted my question to stand out. "You've exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful attempts and your online access to My TELUS has now been locked. To prevent unauthorized account access, we limit the number of login attempts. To regain access, please try again in one hour or contact a TELUS agent."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shelleyyounge 

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your TELUS online account. Based on the context of your message, I will assume you are referring to the Forgot Email/Username page which requests for your phone number / account number, and name. In most cases the name requested, is the one displayed on email communications from TELUS. The phone number should be the primary phone number on the account. Although sometimes this is not the case, and it requires some guessing. This may get confusing, so here is an alternative way of accessing your account.

Alternative Solution: Finding what email address you used, and resetting your password.

1. Click Here to go to the forgot password page.

2. Start entering all your email addresses (starting with the most likely email used to create the account).

3. Check email inboxes for an email that says: My TELUS "Reset your My TELUS password"
    Whatever email account receives the email from TELUS is the email address you should use when logging into your TELUS online account

4. If you cant remember the password, simply open the email from My TELUS "Reset your My TELUS password", and click the text or green button that says "Reset my password". 

At this point you will know what email address you used, and can reset your password to successfully login to your TELUS online account.

I hope this helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I wonder if someone is trying to brute force hack into your account by trying random passwords?

I was able to login as usual.

You can reach out to Telus on Twitter at TELUSSupport

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

The next time that happens try refreshing the page after you get the message (usually F5 key). I've had instances where it gets stuck on the logon page even though I've succesfully logged on. I hit F5 and it goes to my accout summary.

shelleyyounge
Just Moved In

This has happened to me for about 4 months. I simply don't have the right name or right phone number. Please Telus, just tell me what they are !!!!

so I can change the password, pay your bill for the last time, and get service somewhere else !!

Hi @shelleyyounge 

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your TELUS online account. Based on the context of your message, I will assume you are referring to the Forgot Email/Username page which requests for your phone number / account number, and name. In most cases the name requested, is the one displayed on email communications from TELUS. The phone number should be the primary phone number on the account. Although sometimes this is not the case, and it requires some guessing. This may get confusing, so here is an alternative way of accessing your account.

Alternative Solution: Finding what email address you used, and resetting your password.

1. Click Here to go to the forgot password page.

2. Start entering all your email addresses (starting with the most likely email used to create the account).

3. Check email inboxes for an email that says: My TELUS "Reset your My TELUS password"
    Whatever email account receives the email from TELUS is the email address you should use when logging into your TELUS online account

4. If you cant remember the password, simply open the email from My TELUS "Reset your My TELUS password", and click the text or green button that says "Reset my password". 

At this point you will know what email address you used, and can reset your password to successfully login to your TELUS online account.

I hope this helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

Hi, ok so twice in 5 days I’ve received emails about my account being locked, however I never attempted to sign in, after the first one I changed it, after the 2 nd one, I left it alone as I highly doubt it can be cracked with a suggested from Apple...why is this happening, and what else can I do about it, or can you do if someone tries to change my account

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It seems Telus.com is the latest target of hackers. A strong password is your best protection.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I've had my account locked 4 times over the last 2 days because someone other than me is trying to log into my account.

After the second e-mail about this, I changed my password to be on the safe side. (It was long and complex; I made it even more so.)

However, I'm not thrilled that Telus passwords cannot include anything other than letters and numbers. Special characters are not permitted.

Our passwords would be less vulnerable to brute-force attacks if we could include those as well as alphanumerics.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Next option to try is changing the email address you use with your Telus account. You can't reuse previous emails so it will need to be unique.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂