cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance

Chriscook76
Just Moved In
Hello. Recently I was in my home area and called a friend living in airdrie just outside Calgary. We talked for a few hours and I was charged 124$ at .50 per min. The bill says kindersley Saskatchewan but she lives in airdrie but the area code is 306 but why do I get charged for so much if she physically was near me can someone explain as I feel kinda unfairly charged
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

306 will definitely be long distance from Calgary. It's a Saskatchewan number. Doesn't matter if your friend is standing next to you, 306 is Saskatchewan. Anyone calling her from the area will be calling long distance because the home area for her phone is Kindersley in this case. If she called you from her phone it would be a local call for her because outbound local calling is based on the tower her cell is connected to.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

306 will definitely be long distance from Calgary. It's a Saskatchewan number. Doesn't matter if your friend is standing next to you, 306 is Saskatchewan. Anyone calling her from the area will be calling long distance because the home area for her phone is Kindersley in this case. If she called you from her phone it would be a local call for her because outbound local calling is based on the tower her cell is connected to.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero
Surely you needed to dial her number starting with a 1. That should have told you it would be long distance.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

But your friend is getting a great deal by using a Saskatchewan phone plan while living outside Saskatchewan - even though it costs you a bundle to call her.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"