cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD

Delzen_2054
Just Moved In
I’ve gotten locked out of my Microsoft hotmail account . I’ve forgot my password to my hotmail account., I’ve also have my OLD TELUS cell number attached to my hotmail account as means of recovery method., BUT that old cell phone number of mine is no longer in service., to be able to receive a code via text messaging from my hotmail account,, sending me a CODE to reset to a new password .,
I’VE BEEN HOPING THAT TELUS COULD TEMPORARILY RESTORE MY OLD CELL PHONE NUMBER TO RECEIVE A CODE THROUGH TEXT MESSAGING., I’ve Chatted with a robot and no RESOLVE., please TELUS help ME RECOVER MY HOTMAIL EMAIL ACCOUNT,, ITS VERY IMPORTANT. AS THATS THE ONLY WAY I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH MY ELDERLY MOTHER OUT EAST IN ONTARIO., I’m in ALBERTA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are multiple ways to confirm your identity with Microsoft to regain access to your account. See more information here. If that fails you will have to make a new hotmail account.

Telus will not temporarily activate a number. More then likely it's already been reused on another persons account.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are multiple ways to confirm your identity with Microsoft to regain access to your account. See more information here. If that fails you will have to make a new hotmail account.

Telus will not temporarily activate a number. More then likely it's already been reused on another persons account.

I called and texted <edited by mod> ., and no reply at all., Microsoft suggested I create a new account as well., but I’ve got files in my hotmail that are important

Your only option is to try the various security questions Microsoft asks you to recover the account (from my link below). Or you will be locked out unfortunately and will have to create a new account. In the future i would recommend a password manager that can store all your various login information.

With all due respect, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

It's not Telus' responsibility that you've forgotten your password for an unrelated service.

Telus' support obligation to you on your old number ended when you ported in another number or discontinued your service.

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Your old cell number is likely reassigned to someone else. Once you abandon it, it gets moved on to someone else. You could call Telus support to see if the number is available and get it assigned to a SIM on a pay as you go plan so it’s cheap. But they would have to tell you if the number is available first.

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
If you’re using Telus chat, type AGENT and it will direct you to one. Suggest you use mobility tech support as the categories.

Also we’re just customers (mostly) and won’t actually be able to resolve this.