cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a 3rd line to an expired contract plan

Matt1
Organizer

Hello, I currently have a Telus plan that I signed up for 9 years ago.

It was called the Ontario GOO plan.

The original contract was for 3 years, and was obtained through an Employee Purchase Plan at my employer.

This plan costs $20 per line and includes 250min of pooled time per line and unlimited Canada wide texting among other features.

When I originally signed up, I subscribed to 2 lines. The plan allowed for up 4 lines to be associated with the account.

I would now like to add another line for a total of 3 lines on this account. 

I would be bringing my own device for this 3rd line, so I just need a SIM card.

Can this be done, or does my "grandfathered" plan not allow for any additional lines ?

Thankyou for your input.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You would need to learn of the options for adding lines to an EPP offering through your employer. Usually the HR or IT departments manage these plans.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

My employer has absolutely nothing to do with my plan.

My plan was offered as a discount plan through the association/union  at my workplace.

I am just trying to ascertain if a grandfathered plan can have another line added to it, since 4 were originally offered, or is that considered a change to the plan that would result in me losing the plan, and having to update to a new more expensive talk and text plan.

Nobody here knows the details and conditions of your plan. It would be easier to contact TELUS customer service and ask.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Matt1 wrote:

My employer has absolutely nothing to do with my plan.

My plan was offered as a discount plan through the association/union  at my workplace.

AND

The original contract was for 3 years, and was obtained through an Employee Purchase Plan at my employer.

Then the question should be asked through your association/union at your workplace.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Syaoran
Rockstar

You can not add a grandfathered service as a new service.  The new line would be a new service.  You can still add a new line, but that line would be an current market plan of whatever is available to you through how you got what you currently have.  Just make sure that if you decide to add a new line on a new plan, that they don't change out your other 2 lines to that new plan.