cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myTELUS Homepage Top Stories and Weather

Geoff99
Neighbour

For the last few days the Top Stories and Weather widgets on the myTELUS homepage do not load. They were working fine before. I am using the Microsoft Edge browser. I have cleared my browser history, restarted the application and re-booted my PC. I have tried Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Chrome and the same for all browsers. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have a solution? Chatting to TELUS on line was very frustrating and basically useless.

13 REPLIES 13

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I see the same in Safari.  Maybe make use of the 'Share your Feedback' link at the bottom of the page?  Customer support would have no involvement in the management of the web presence, and the feedback link should connect more directly to those who can effect change.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I'm open to your suggestion, just can't find the 'Share your Feedback' that your refer to...

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

At the bottom of the page at mytelus.com

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 2.14.20 PM.png

NFtoBC

Got it, however this is the message I get when I click on that button, "The survey you are trying to take is either not live or not available to you."

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Lemme see if I can poke someone. It may take a while with Christmas, New Year's and all.

NFtoBC

Here's a copy of my chat session with TELUS. Bottom line is they are having issues with the myTELUS homepage Top Stories and Weather widget and are looking into them.

Chat started: 14:48

14:48 - Geoff said:I have the following issue with the myTELUS home page... For the last few days the Top Stories and Weather widgets on the myTELUS homepage do not load. They were working fine before. I am using the Microsoft Edge browser. I have cleared my browser history, restarted the application and re-booted my PC. I have tried Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Chrome and the same for all browsers. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have a solution?

14:51 - Geoff said:I have posted this on the TELUS Neighbourhood forums for some help, but nothing yet. One person has said they have the same issue with Safari. Can you pass this along to your Web Admin Tech Support folks to see if they have any resolution. Perhaps there have been some coding changes on the webpage this may have affected this issue.

14:58 - Jared said:Welcome to TELUS Care Chat Support. My name is Jared and I will be assisting you today.

14:58 - Jared said:Good afternoon. Thank you very much for waiting on the queue to reach me. I know it's been a long wait. I appreciate your time and patience. How are you?

14:58 - Geoff said:I have the following issue with the myTELUS home page... For the last few days the Top Stories and Weather widgets on the myTELUS homepage do not load. They were working fine before. I am using the Microsoft Edge browser. I have cleared my browser history, restarted the application and re-booted my PC. I have tried Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Chrome and the same for all browsers. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have a solution? I have posted this on the TELUS Neighborhood forums for some help, but nothing yet. One person has said they have the same issue with Safari. Can you pass this along to your Web Admin Tech Support folks to see if they have any resolution? Perhaps there have been some coding changes on the webpage this may have affected this issue.

15:00 - Jared said:I understand that you're having issues with your TELUS home page. So far, you are the only customer I have seen having issues about this. Not to worry, I'll connect you to techncial support right now to have them check what's going. Before I do that, may I ask if you have questions about our Home products or your services rather?

15:00 - Geoff said:No other questions.

15:01 - Jared said:Give me a moment then Geoff and let me get a tech support representative for you. Have a nice day. don't close the chat window.

15:02 - Info said:You have been transferred. Please hold for next available agent.

15:40 - Jeff said:We certainly recognize that your time is valuable and you've waited for a long time over the queue but don't worry let's quickly turn your experience around. Welcome to TELUS RESIDENTIAL Technical Support Chat. My name is Jeff! How are you doing today?

15:40 - Jeff said:We certainly recognize that your time is valuable and you've waited for a long time over the queue but don't worry let's quickly turn your experience around. Welcome to TELUS RESIDENTIAL Technical Support Chat. My name is Jeff! How are you doing today?

15:40 - Jeff said:Please allow me to review your pre chat comments quickly.

15:41 - Geoff said:I have the following issue with the myTELUS home page... For the last few days the Top Stories and Weather widgets on the myTELUS homepage do not load. They were working fine before. I am using the Microsoft Edge browser. I have cleared my browser history, restarted the application and re-booted my PC. I have tried Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Chrome and the same for all browsers. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have a solution? I have posted this on the TELUS Neighborhood forums for some help, but nothing yet. One person has said they have the same issue with Safari. Can you pass this along to your Web Admin Tech Support folks to see if they have any resolution? Perhaps there have been some coding changes on the webpage this may have affected this issue.

15:42 - Geoff said:Just a repeat of what I said to the last agent...

15:43 - Jeff said:Thank you for your feedback and we know how important to be updated through our website. I do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

15:43 - Jeff said:No worries! You have reached Technical Support department and let me do my best to assist you with this concern.

15:43 - Jeff said:http://We have an on-going issue on our TELUS.com home page. Let me just checked the udpate here.

15:48 - Jeff said:http://Technically we're experiencing issue on our MyTELUS.com home page where the News feed (contai...

15:48 - Jeff said:This has already been reported and currently being investigated.

15:49 - Jeff said:I'm submitting this as another sample to fix this the soonest time possible.

15:49 - Geoff said:k... and the weather widget? same thing?

15:51 - Jeff said:Yes that is also included.

15:52 - Jeff said:I'm sumitting this report to alert the web administrator although this is being investigated.

15:52 - Geoff said:Great, that's all I wanted to know, and that your people are aware of the issues and are working on them is all I need to know.

15:52 - Geoff said:Thanks

15:53 - Jeff said:You're welcome. I do appreciated your patience and utmost understanding while we are fixing this.

15:53 - Geoff said:No problem. Have a nice rest of your day.

15:53 - Jeff said:There is not estimated time of repair yet but I'm looking forward that this will be fixed as soon as possible.

15:54 - Jeff said:Sounds great!

15:54 - Jeff said:Do you have any other questions?

15:54 - Geoff said:No other questions, thanks.

15:54 - Jeff said:Once again, this is Jeff and if you need technical assistance you may start a new chat session thank you for using TELUS Chat Technical Support Center. Have a great day!

Hi Geoff. I have experienced the same issues with errors on the telus homepage. The current temp area has been stuck on -1C for about a month.

For the past week the Headlines area has also been malfunctioning. Now it just says "see more headline". I have gone through a month of wasted time and aggravation just trying to inform telus of this minor error. I get the same error message when I try the Website feedback button at the bottom of the page. I spent about an hour on the "Chat" line but have yet to see any improvement. Today I spent about an hour on their 1-888 help line listening to them tell me how they understand "How valuable" my time is, and listening to their boring elevator music before I actually got to speak with a real human. The young lady was very nice and apologetic, but to my surprise and utter amazement she didn't know that telus actually had a website with weather and headlines. That almost left me speechless. She said she would try to find out who in the company was responsible for the website, report my problem, and I requested that she get back to me. I also requested that she report my utter frustration and difficulty and wasted time trying to get through to anyone at telus to report this problem to "Customer Service". This is definitely not "Good Customer Service". The first time I made any contact I was advised that I was the only person that ever reported these website issues. This forum certainly shows that to be incorrect. I find it mind boggling that telus, with their tens of thousands of employees can't have at least one of them monitor their website to make sure that it is working correctly. If they are aware of the problem then they should post that info on their site so that their loyal customers will know that they are working to resolve the problem. Wake up telus. You are only encouraging your customers to move to the competition.

My apologies to the young woman at telus. When she said that she had never seen of heard about the telus homepage, I expressed shock and amazement that an employee didn't use or know about the homepage. It suddenly dawned on me ( I'm a bit of a dinosaur that still uses a computer) that, most people under the age of 30  use their cell phone if they want to check the weather or the news or the sport scores. They have about 2000 apps to cover most of their info needs. So it is logical to expect that telus is likely to focus on the "Mobility" generations needs more than the "Babyboomer" generations needs. However, they should remember there are still a lot of us Boomers out there. Don't make us feel neglected. Fix our homepage.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are likely a Bazillion ways to find or create a web space which provides the same info, and you can set it up to provide personalized info sets. Windows 10 places a bunch of tiles to offer this info; Microsoft still has such a home page, as does Yahoo.  There are lots of options.

My guess, is given all the hugely modifiable options out there, Telus is unlikely to spend much effort on updating the web presence.

"Hey Siri, (or Hey Google)  what was the score in the last Canucks game?"  

"2 - 2 with 3:13 left in the third period."

We don't need no steeeeeenking' apps!

(and, yes, I saw the movie when it was released)

This Boomer has embraced the 21st century, and is not looking back!

NFtoBC

I recommend the shaw connect homepage.It's very similar to the Telus homepage.

Sandra2456
Just Moved In

I am having the same problem.  It's happened before when TELUS made some changes to the web page but the changes didn't load properly.  Needs to be reported to their Web Admin Tech Support folks.  Anyone done that yet?

Daniel33
Just Moved In

I just spoke to a Telus techie and was told it'll be back to the old page in 3-4 days. We can only hope that more people feel the same as us.

Has your homepage changed back yet? Mine has not.