cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto tune and reminders for telus optik tV

BEB
Just Moved In

I am a new subscriber to Telus Optik TV and I am EXTREMELY unhappy that there is no auto tune feature.  Even Shaw Dish had this simple feature.  I see many comments that have been made about this.  When is it coming???

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It isn't coming. It has been requested for YEARS starting right from when Optik was released. The older TelusTV (before Optik) had the feature. 

Here's a suggestion: If you have the PVR, use it. That's what I do. You can fast forward through the commercials.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Canukracer
Just Moved In
to bad will miss the auto tune, bell express view has it. Just switched to optic but I'm sure I'll live without it

Pantera
Organizer

Auto Tune is a great feature. After having it with Bell ExpressVu for more than a decade, it's pretty tough to live without. Adding it to Optik Tv's software would be simple. The problem is, too few people are demanding it because too few people are aware of what it is. I've never spoken to anyone at Telus who had ever heard of such a thing or that didn't agree it would be great to have. I have no idea how Telus could ever be motivated to improve their service by adding it.  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

This is an ancient issue. The original TelusTV platform supported it. When everything was changed to the Microsoft Mediaroom platform (Optik), the feature did not follow. Microsoft had never implemented such a feature and never did until they sold Mediaroom. The new owner of it had not added that feature either and that's under the assumption it's possible with that software.

As for it being simple to add, it isn't or it would have been by now. Every change to the software costs a lot of money and time. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

AmeriCanuck
Neighbour

I'm wondering what the Auto Tune feature is. I would also like to see a Reminders feature. I know we used to have it with Shaw before their Gateway hardware came out. Not sure if they still offer it, though. But definitely would use it if Telus started offering it.