cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

Irishgranny
Leader

Did I miss the deadline for the 2017 calendar ??  Have had one every year..love the animals.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A_Kron
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for our TELUS calendar. In alignment with our company’s commitment to environmental sustainability, we made the decision to move to a digital version of our calendar for 2017. 

Update: Our digital calendar has launched!

If you’re more a digital calendar type-of-person we’ve got you covered. Change your desktop up every month with a new TELUS critter or nature background. It’s free and easy to download, just head on over to http://calendar.telus.com/.

Merci de nous avoir fait part de votre intérêt pour le calendrier TELUS. Conformément à notre engagement visant la protection de l’environnement, nous avons pris la décision d’offrir le calendrier 2017 en format numérique. 

Mise à jour: Notre calendrier numérique est en ligne!

Si vous préférez une version du calendrier numérique, nous avons ce qu’il vous faut. Changez l’arrière-plan de votre bureau tous les mois avec un nouveau fond d’écran d’animaux TELUS ou à thématique nature. Il est gratuit et facile à télécharger, il vous suffit de visiter http://calendar.telus.com/. 

View solution in original post

250 REPLIES 250

This obvious disregard for your customers' pleas for a paper calendar will not be forgotten. You may have an Air Miles rebellion in the making! I am truly disappointed to not have my cheery Telus calendar to look at several times a day in 2017.

Wow this is sad. I'm so disappointed and I can't believe you don't see the need to have a paper calendar and truly do not believe the demand has decreased to the point youno longer offer them.

This is the worst Telus news ever!  I have absolutely no use for a digital calendar.  I have been a Telus customer for over 10 years and this has been the first year that I am consistently dissatisfied with their service and customer service ... and now no calendar to keep me hanging on.  Guess it is time for me to start shopping.  I never expected Telus to make up such an obvious untruth in order to justify saving a dollar.  I cannot begin to describe how very disappointed I am in Telus ... the calendar is just icing on the cake and it is more about the lame excuse than anything else.  I first signed up with Telus because of their cute commercials and awesome calendars ... yep, marketing works.  I stayed with them because of their awesome customer service and because of their cute commercials and awesome caledars ... yep, excellent customer service and marketing keeps customers.  I am running out of excuses to stay a customer. I don't get data service unless I am connected to my internet at home ... I am constantly getting notices that I am roaming in the U.S. when I am at my office in Kingston (Ontario, Canada).  I get terrible reception and dropped calls more frequently than ever in 10+ years.  And their customer service department could not care less.  They have blamed me and they have blamed my new phone.  Really?!  And that is why I am spending almost $150 per month?  And I don't even get a calendar once a year for that??

Well  ...  This is very disappointing.  I've been getting wall calendars from you for many years.  It was always a treat looking at the awesome pictures each month.  Who the heck wants an electronic calendar cluttering up their system?  BOO!!

This is unbelievable, every year I'm begging for additional calendars, a digital substitute is not acceptable for me. Very disappointed in this ridiculous decision.

Do you want to know what I mark in my Telus calendar every November? Order Telus Calendar!! Can't wait to see my DIY print at home digital calendar...the floppy paper, staples, scissor cuts to make the right shape or I'll have to use the Milk calendar that came with the newspaper (yes some of us still like a physical newspaper!). The year started out badly with the loss of David Bowie and it's going out in style with the loss of the Telus calendar. Boo

You guys suck!!!  there are lots of people that use paper calendars and all you are doing is downloading the cost to the customers by making them print it out.  you should be ashamed of yourself for such a stupid answer!!

As a long time customer I do not believe that there is a decline in demand for the calendars.

I always thought of the calendar as a customer appreciation token. Obviously Telus does not care much for their customers.

I'm sure they make a heck of a lot of money from their customers to be able to afford to print calendars.

Maybe they should take orders from their customers and only print calendars for those requesting one. Then they can see how much of a decline in demand there is. Not!

You can add me to the list of people who are disappointed by this news of you going digital with the calendar. I don't even use the calendar on my smartphone, so i doubt I would use yours.

How disappointing is this?!  It seems the "perks" of being long-time Telus customer have all dwindled.  

I have no interested in an electronic version of the calendar.  

I am also disappointed! The Telus Calendar is a favorite in our house, my 2 year old son loves seeing the new animals each month (and counting them!). For a while it was even his favourite "book". When we rejoined Telus 3 years ago I told my husband "Yay! Now we get the calendar again!"  I hope Telus sees the error in this decision and  brings it back next year. And sorry, but being able to print out the digital one doesn't cut it.

I am very disappointed Telus has discontinued the traditional wall calendar. I look forward to this calendar every year! I like the cute animals pictured on every turn of the page. I am a senior and being from "the old school" appreciate a wall calendar to write appointments, reminders, etc. on. Please give us back the traditional wall calendar.

TKG
Just Moved In
Oh c'mon! Just say that the cost isn't something Telus is willing to continue with. Even if the demand is down, which I don't believe, the calendars always run out so this makes no sense at all. I'm sure many, including myself, would've been willing to pay for or make a donation for a calendar.

Making your customers feel that Telus thinks we're stupid is insulting.

Part of the reason I wanted the calendar is because it was paper format.  i can make my own digital calendar with images.

dish
Just Moved In

Unbelievable!  Totally not the Telus I have loved for the last many years.

I will be moving my business to another carrier over this.  Very disappointing.

So...when can we see/print it? I'm already running into February appointments/bookings, with no calendar 😞

Hugely disappointed !!!!  This was our favorite calendar and looked forward to it every year.  Not convinced of the reasoning, and a digital calendar is of no use to me whatever!!  Will not be downloading it to print my own on 20lb paper, and expensive ink.  I feel the my monthly Telus billing should at least score me a calendar once a year!  You certainly dropped the ball this time Telus 😞

Very disappointing. 

I think you really mean that Telus wants to keep the money that went into the calendars. Very poor customer service. And very disappointing. 

I don't need an on-line calendar - they come with my iphone, and ipad, and laptop!!!

Bad move on this one.

And, what about the bags. Are they still available, because they haven't been available for some time. That I can find.

What bags were you getting from Telus ?  Guess that was a perk I never received and I've been a Telus customer since before the turn of the Century !

Looks like they not only cancelled the paper calendar, but we still haven't received the digital replacement....such a disappointment this year.  Let's hope that the powers-that-be have heard all the complaints and rethink this cancellation for next year!

So disappointed there won't be a Calendar in 2017.  The Digital version is of no use to me as I'm not permitted to download it at work and I always take my Telus Calendar to work to use.  It always drew attention to passersby and I would always say "It's a TELUS calendar, isn't it great?". 

I too find it very difficult to believe that demand has declined as you always run out every year.  Telus is usually very good when it comes to customer service/consideration so the fact your calendar is no longer offered, surprises and disappoints me, a paying customer.

I am so disappointed with this decision. As a 20 year plus customer and a shareholder, I am surprised TELUS would do something so miserly at this this time of year, especially considering how many people are cutting the cord. I wish there was a way to get these messages to the CEO so they can clearly see, how this is making the bread and butter of the company upset and angry. Bad move TELUS, really bad.

@RhoLee...thank you for your answer; however, I find this EXTREMELY HARD to believe. In all years past you had to order the calendar as soon as possible otherwise, you couldn't get one because they were 'sold out'. Up until the year before last (so for 2015), you could order a calendar for each phone number you had under Telus....HOWEVER, beginning last year, you could only order 1 SINGLE calendar for each account....so, for the first time ever, even though we have 4 separate phone numbers/4 separate phones AND AN ATROCIOUS BILL....we could only get 1 single calendar...and the reason for that change last year was....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....BECAUSE OF HIGH DEMAND!

So, you are saying demand dropped even before TELUS allowed a year to go by with the change above because now, all of a sudden there was such LOW demand???? Please, do not insult our intelligence...

Please, explain. Low demand is an excuse...and an outright lie. i was flabbergasted last year when I could only order a single calendar and was told that it was because there was such a high demand...and now your are trying to fool us with saying production is no longer occurring because of low demand?

I work from home on my computer every day all day...and I ALWAYS have a calendar next to me, to make notes on, and mark up all I want...Young kids might not use calendars, but their parent's who pay for their bills sure do!

What it comes down to is cost, and even though customer costs are going up...you don't want to continue to offer perks for people to stay with your company...including this calendar. YOU want US to cover the cost of printing...that is the bottom line. Please, do not try to use an excuse of 'low demand' for an item that CONTINUOUSLY sold out and that YOU changed the rules on 1 year ago because there was such a high demand...unless you weren't with TELUS last year and knew that??? I know I was...I've been with TELUS for over 20 years...but...

Now thinking about looking into when our Telus Contract is up...that Calendar was one reason I never wanted to leave Telus...but alas...it's gone. Sad thing is, no matter what the reason...I was either lied to by a TELUS employee last year...or this year...Nice!