cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

Irishgranny
Leader

Did I miss the deadline for the 2017 calendar ??  Have had one every year..love the animals.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A_Kron
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for our TELUS calendar. In alignment with our company’s commitment to environmental sustainability, we made the decision to move to a digital version of our calendar for 2017. 

Update: Our digital calendar has launched!

If you’re more a digital calendar type-of-person we’ve got you covered. Change your desktop up every month with a new TELUS critter or nature background. It’s free and easy to download, just head on over to http://calendar.telus.com/.

Merci de nous avoir fait part de votre intérêt pour le calendrier TELUS. Conformément à notre engagement visant la protection de l’environnement, nous avons pris la décision d’offrir le calendrier 2017 en format numérique. 

Mise à jour: Notre calendrier numérique est en ligne!

Si vous préférez une version du calendrier numérique, nous avons ce qu’il vous faut. Changez l’arrière-plan de votre bureau tous les mois avec un nouveau fond d’écran d’animaux TELUS ou à thématique nature. Il est gratuit et facile à télécharger, il vous suffit de visiter http://calendar.telus.com/. 

View solution in original post

250 REPLIES 250

Debbie2
Just Moved In

What??? I need my Telus calendar????? Not very happy!

cariboo
Just Moved In

that sucks that there will be no 2017 paper calendar and that's all there is too it.  come on telus print us one, there is always a demand for it

bevvy62
Just Moved In

I am very disappointed by this turn of events. Getting the calendar every year is a tradtion, like many others at this holiday time. Even if we are able to print out the calendar at some point, the quality will be greatly diminished. Please reconsider for 2018!

linda7carter
Organizer

I don't think it is correct to list this topic as solved.  It is naïve to believe that a digital calendar in any way replaces a wall calendar. 

Based on the replies to this post (139 and counting), I would say that the majority of customers are not interested in a digital version of the Telus calendar. 

Is there anyone in the organization actually listening to us or is this just another example corporate decision making regardless of customer complaints.

You forget that many users have posted more than once in this discussion. There's also millions of customers so even if 139 unique individuals commented, that's still by far nowhere near a majority.

Telus hasn't had a new critter commercial out in quite some time now. Most of the ones I've seen this past year show their employees more than any animals. The last critter they had out was the snow leopard and that campaign is a year old at least according to Telus' YouTube channel. It looks like Telus has shifted their advertising focus away from the animals and more on what is being offered instead. The one other thing to look at is from a marketing perspective, the cute animals that everyone likes so much were an advertising campaign from Clearnet, which Telus bought with way back in 2000. Telus kept that same campaign going for another 16 years. Extremely few marketing campaigns run even half that long. My guess is that people saw the cute critters but didn't see the products or services being offered. Judging by many of the comments in this discussion, that seems to be exactly what was happening with the calendars also.

The big question will be as late in the year as it is now, what do you realistically expect Telus to do? There wouldn't be time to even create, print, or distribute the calendars and that's assuming that the demand for them is sufficient enough for them to consider it. If enough people (read: a LOT) got together and say had a petition for Telus to bring back the calendar, there could be a chance they'd bring it back next year. 

ChristinaKoukla
Just Moved In

Telus, people are disappointed with your decision. I understand that corporations are trying to cut costs in different areas in order to keep jobs. Telus decided to remove a item that people enjoyed and looked forward to every year which resulted to disappointment. If Telus is so concerned with the environment, then stop sending flyers and stop creating advertisements. Telus could have charged for the calendar rather than remove it entirely. Telus should have better decision makers in the company and based on this decision, it shows how disconnected Telus is from their customers. 

Allan1
Just Moved In

Like many others , we are extremely disappointed in your decision to discontinue the annual Telus calendar issue. We have been loyal, and I do mean loyal, Telus customers for  many years now, paying what is to us, a significant dollar amount for Telus phone, Internet and Mobility services on a monthly/yearly basis, and we view this decision as a stupid penny-pinching way to remove the one "freebie" which was available as a reward for our loyalty. Shame on you and your bean-counters. Man Mad

Allan

Allan1
Just Moved In

@Irishgranny wrote:

Did I miss the deadline for the 2017 calendar ??  Have had one every year..love the animals.

We are extremely disappointed in the decision to cancel the annual printed Telus calendar, having been loyal, and I do mean loyal, having spent considerable dollars on a monthly/annual basis for Telus phone, internet and mobility services customers for MANY years. There goes the one "freebie" that Telus provided to their customers. Shame on you for knuckling under to the bean-counters and ignoring your long-time support base. Smiley Mad

...Allan

audsnends
Just Moved In

I too am extremely disappointed that Telus is not issuing a hard copy Calendar this year.  This has been an annual Christmas gift to my granddaughter who loves the animal pictures and stickers.  She made me feel very special whenever she received the calendar as it was so unique and charming.  Some of her friends were a wee bit envious and wanted a calendar as well.

PaulaJadischke
Organizer

Telus can improve its customer service by deeply listening to and making their customers feel like number 1. Cancelling the 2017 wall calendar makes me feel unvalued and awful.

Telus The future is not friendly and thanks for breaking your magical connection.  

A calendar gives you a magic connection?

Lines2015
Just Moved In

Very disappointed in TELUS. Looked forward to the calendar every year and this so called digital calendar they are replacing it with, no one cares about it! I personally will not use this digital calendar and think this is TELUS way of cheaping out the customer. I hope you guys are happy with yourself and this silly idea! You have lost a lot of respect over this and honestly hope this bites you in the butt.

Jefcolpan
Just Moved In

Costs keep going up & Telus keeps giving us less. Way to make your shareholders happy Telus!

Miko
Just Moved In

Telus has forgotten that there is a large segment of the population who do not use digital calendars - seniors.  The cause of a decline of demand, if true, may be because some seniors do not have access to or do not use computers and hence do no know to order the calendars online. It is bad enough we have to print our own bills, now we can't even get a nice calendar for being loyal customers. I have 3 accounts (I pay for my parents) for phone, TV, internet. You have either forgotten us or decided we are not important to you because we tend not to want to move around to other suppliers. You could have asked us months ago and then print only the number requested. Shame.

I agree.  Everyone already has a digital calendar of some sort.  The pleasure of the Telus calendar was hanging them up and looking at the beautiful animal pictures.  Also loved the stickers.  They were fun placing on cards for my nieces.  This takes a lot of fun out the new year.  I might as well switch to a lower cost provider.

Switch because of a calendar lmao?

Like seriously, what's wrong with you people. Buy one at the store like regular people. A freebie is a freebie. You don't join a company because of something you can either get at the dollar store or at your nearest Chinese restaurant.
I

Eric1950
Just Moved In

If there was so little demand, why was it so hard to a calendar in previous years?  If Telus wants to cheap out on customer service, at least be honest and tell us that you are trying to save money, not that there is not enough of a demand.  I would have a hard time trying to pin my cellphone to my wall, to use a digital calendar.  Eric1950

MichelleLa
Just Moved In
This is disappointing and very Scrooge like Telus. I've been enjoying the free calendar for years and it's been a small perk after all the years of using your service. Perhaps next year you should reconsider. Very lame.

MrHab
Just Moved In

I also am very disappointed. I tried to get a second 2015 calendar and was told only 1 per household.

It was your cost not public demand.

No Telus perks at all anymore.

Digital calendar with printability is plain stupid.

I pay $73.45 per month, electronic paperless e-bill, no cost to you.  I guess when my contract ends so will my Telus account.

I want a paper printed 2017 Calendar, and I want them to continue. Always something to look forward to. May seem silly to you, but world is depressing at times, and we are in -30's with wind chill- and looking at your calendar daily lightens the day.

Don't need digital or special cards or stickers, just the darn calendar.

We have earned it!

Thank you.  

Please keep me as a great customer, I ask you.

at55
Just Moved In

I have a hard time believing the demand for the calendar was declining.  In years gone by I had ordered one for each of my 3 cell phone accounts, and 1 for my home phone. Then I would order one on behalf of my senior parents' home phone account and also my mother-in-law's home phone account, as they had no access to the internet to do so, but were entitled to have one.  So, that's 6 in total right there.

I agree with a lot of the posted comments...it is either a cost-cutting measure for Telus, or they just want to get out of the calendar business.  

So much for rewarding loyal customers (who pay a pretty penny for their services) with a small "perk" to say "thank-you" for their business! 

CharlesP
Just Moved In

Telus was always known as a "customer friendly" organization. The Telus Calendar war a brilliant idea to bond with customers.

But it seems that in today's TECH World the need for constant change trumps everything. Even great marketing ideas must go.

The "customer" really does not count anymore! We must change everything for the sake of change!

What a pity. CharlesP