When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

LiverpoolAndrew
Resident

I think this totally sucks.  It's the one thing we look forward to each year, printing it will not be anywhere the same.  If anything the fact less people are asking for one you should be saving some cash.  Greatly disappointed !!

Anne1
Resident

NOOO! 

How can this be, I asked for extra before now and they are always already gone. Nobody needs a digital one, devices come with it.

Come on Telus, don't be so stingy

@RhoLee wrote:

Thank you to everyone for your patience and interest in the TELUS calendars. We love to hear how you have all enjoyed seeing our TELUS critters in the TELUS calendar.

In recent years, the demand for our calendars has significantly declined as more and more people embrace smartphone technology.  With a shift towards technology and our commitment to sustainability, we're excited to share we will be moving to a digital calendar this year. Our creative and digital teams have partnered to develop a digital desktop calendar image for each month of the year.

The new digital calendar will be available very soon, and you will be able to easily download and print it from TELUS.com.

JimH
Resident

Well, aside from the significant amount of ink / color toner to print 12 pages of high quality images from a digital calendar, the resultant quality of the calendar construction would be something I would be too embarrassed to pin up in my house.  Also, not everyone like to use digital calendars, and impractical to share event dates with family members in the house across everyone's digital calendars.

PamelaDonnie
Resident

Extremely disappointed the 2017 calendar will be digital only.  Always looked forward to getting this item.  I don't understand how they are not as popular as each year I have tried to get 2 and was always told they are so in DEMAND that even Telus customers could only have one.

Highlighted
CA
Connector

To mbp.  the issue isn't that only 139 people complained.  That does not, as your post implies make them not valid.  There are 36 million people in Canada and imagine what a small percentage are Telus customers.  That doesn't make all them invalid either.  For percentages, please note that you seem to be the only one out of 139 posters that seems to be against the calendars and in agreement with how Telus now spends it advertising dollars.  The main issue is that Telus has refused it's customers a second calendar and even a first one if they don't apply quickly enough - on the statement that "they are so in demand, we ran out" and are now telling these same customers that Telus are discontinuing the calendars because "there isn't enough demand for them".  A few years ago, Telus employees were having job action and their union used animals in their commercials against Telus.  Telus freaked, threatened court action etc because those animals were THEIR brand.  I guess they thought they were effective enough then.  I have seen their animal commercials until just recently and I certainly know which company they came from.  On the other hand my mind is totally blank on having seen any other ads from them, which tells you how my mind filter works on the ad bombardment we get every day.  If the commercial isn't cute, or otherwise memorable, I simple do not "see" it.

KIMmccormick
Resident
I don't want digital calendar I want the paper calendar for my wall
JASbid
Resident

This obvious disregard for your customers' pleas for a paper calendar will not be forgotten. You may have an Air Miles rebellion in the making! I am truly disappointed to not have my cheery Telus calendar to look at several times a day in 2017.

N-D800
Resident
Wow this is sad. I'm so disappointed and I can't believe you don't see the need to have a paper calendar and truly do not believe the demand has decreased to the point youno longer offer them.

CynCollett
Neighbour

This is the worst Telus news ever!  I have absolutely no use for a digital calendar.  I have been a Telus customer for over 10 years and this has been the first year that I am consistently dissatisfied with their service and customer service ... and now no calendar to keep me hanging on.  Guess it is time for me to start shopping.  I never expected Telus to make up such an obvious untruth in order to justify saving a dollar.  I cannot begin to describe how very disappointed I am in Telus ... the calendar is just icing on the cake and it is more about the lame excuse than anything else.  I first signed up with Telus because of their cute commercials and awesome calendars ... yep, marketing works.  I stayed with them because of their awesome customer service and because of their cute commercials and awesome caledars ... yep, excellent customer service and marketing keeps customers.  I am running out of excuses to stay a customer. I don't get data service unless I am connected to my internet at home ... I am constantly getting notices that I am roaming in the U.S. when I am at my office in Kingston (Ontario, Canada).  I get terrible reception and dropped calls more frequently than ever in 10+ years.  And their customer service department could not care less.  They have blamed me and they have blamed my new phone.  Really?!  And that is why I am spending almost $150 per month?  And I don't even get a calendar once a year for that??

Loki58
Resident

Well  ...  This is very disappointing.  I've been getting wall calendars from you for many years.  It was always a treat looking at the awesome pictures each month.  Who the heck wants an electronic calendar cluttering up their system?  BOO!!

Misslou
Resident
This is unbelievable, every year I'm begging for additional calendars, a digital substitute is not acceptable for me. Very disappointed in this ridiculous decision.
JaneN
Resident
Do you want to know what I mark in my Telus calendar every November? Order Telus Calendar!! Can't wait to see my DIY print at home digital calendar...the floppy paper, staples, scissor cuts to make the right shape or I'll have to use the Milk calendar that came with the newspaper (yes some of us still like a physical newspaper!). The year started out badly with the loss of David Bowie and it's going out in style with the loss of the Telus calendar. Boo
rick4
Resident

You guys suck!!!  there are lots of people that use paper calendars and all you are doing is downloading the cost to the customers by making them print it out.  you should be ashamed of yourself for such a stupid answer!!

lep666
Resident

As a long time customer I do not believe that there is a decline in demand for the calendars.

I always thought of the calendar as a customer appreciation token. Obviously Telus does not care much for their customers.

I'm sure they make a heck of a lot of money from their customers to be able to afford to print calendars.

Maybe they should take orders from their customers and only print calendars for those requesting one. Then they can see how much of a decline in demand there is. Not!

You can add me to the list of people who are disappointed by this news of you going digital with the calendar. I don't even use the calendar on my smartphone, so i doubt I would use yours.

LouiseB1
Resident

How disappointing is this?!  It seems the "perks" of being long-time Telus customer have all dwindled.  

I have no interested in an electronic version of the calendar.  

Kimmmybee
Resident

I am also disappointed! The Telus Calendar is a favorite in our house, my 2 year old son loves seeing the new animals each month (and counting them!). For a while it was even his favourite "book". When we rejoined Telus 3 years ago I told my husband "Yay! Now we get the calendar again!"  I hope Telus sees the error in this decision and  brings it back next year. And sorry, but being able to print out the digital one doesn't cut it.

patticake
Resident

I am very disappointed Telus has discontinued the traditional wall calendar. I look forward to this calendar every year! I like the cute animals pictured on every turn of the page. I am a senior and being from "the old school" appreciate a wall calendar to write appointments, reminders, etc. on. Please give us back the traditional wall calendar.

TKG
Resident
Oh c'mon! Just say that the cost isn't something Telus is willing to continue with. Even if the demand is down, which I don't believe, the calendars always run out so this makes no sense at all. I'm sure many, including myself, would've been willing to pay for or make a donation for a calendar.

Making your customers feel that Telus thinks we're stupid is insulting.
jax2775
Resident

Part of the reason I wanted the calendar is because it was paper format.  i can make my own digital calendar with images.

dish
Resident

Unbelievable!  Totally not the Telus I have loved for the last many years.

I will be moving my business to another carrier over this.  Very disappointing.