When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

Wenner
Resident

I've also been following the discussion and am quite disappointed that no one has answered our question about the calendar.  I too get on every year.  It is a simple yes or no answer.  Thanks!

Honoria
Neighbour

Still no word on this?? That's quite disconcerting Smiley Sad  Gosh at this point I'd accept a reprint of a former one with the dates properly changed, just to save on the animal photos. Meh... I have been looking to switch providers anyway. Not saying that just out of sour grapes, I've been unhappy for awhile with Telus which is a shame as I've been a customer for a couple of decades now, heck going back to BC Tel actually. They won't even give us a straight answer though. Not cool Smiley Sad

Community Manager
Community Manager

You've all been waiting a long time for this, and I wanted to thank you for your patience. I will be back after 12pm PT today to share an exciting official update.  

rpfarrell
Resident

I too have been waiting for news of the 2017 Calendars

Community Power User
Community Power User

iu-10.jpeg

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The anticipation... Smiley Happy

man.gif

Zelda
Neighbour

Do you work with Telus?? Do you have any answers for us??

katbel78
Helpful Neighbour

I guess she does, because 

is a  Community Manager

Let's hope in something goooood!   Smiley Wink

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you to everyone for your patience and interest in the TELUS calendars. We love to hear how you have all enjoyed seeing our TELUS critters in the TELUS calendar.

In recent years, the demand for our calendars has significantly declined as more and more people embrace smartphone technology.  With a shift towards technology and our commitment to sustainability, we're excited to share we will be moving to a digital calendar this year. Our creative and digital teams have partnered to develop a digital desktop calendar image for each month of the year.

The new digital calendar will be available very soon, and you will be able to easily download and print it from TELUS.com.

Zelda
Neighbour

I find that hard to believe as a lot of times I would ask for extra ones and was always told they were no extras available.. Don't want  or need a digital calendar... 

JennM
Resident

Boo!  Smiley Sad  Very disappointed as I still like to have a physical calendar.  

BarryN1
Connector

They must have had  a lot of meetings @ TELUS to come up with that pathetic  excuse. 

katbel78
Helpful Neighbour

Sigh Smiley Sad

Hope it will be at least compatible with Mac OS X

Community Power User
Community Power User

katbel78 wrote:

Sigh Smiley Sad

Hope it will be at least compatible with Mac OS X

Yes, a lot of MacOS users on this forum.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
linda7carter
Connector

I am disappointed Telus is not releasing a physical calendar.  There are lots of times when a digital calendar doesn't work.  It would be nice to have both.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@linda7carter You will also be able to print individual months, or the entire calendar Smiley Happy

Irishgranny
Advocate

Disappointed also.  A lot of  Seniors don't have the smart phones and use their paper calendars to keep track of upcoming appointments, events etc.  And they don't all have computers as well.  Maybe a choice of digital or paper would have been nice.  Obviously not going to happen for 2017, but maybe this could be reconsidered going forward.  Can't believe it took this long to tell us "No paper calendar" !  I'm going to miss seeing those cute animals with my morning coffee !!

6-er
Resident

"the demand for our calendars has significantly declined"

So, is that why the 2016 calendar ran out so fast? I ordered mine the first or second day they were available and got one, but when my mother-in-law tried a few days later she couldn't put in an order because they were all gone and the page was shut down (I'd sent her a link). I'd have preferred a more honest or just plausible reason today for cancelling this program: "sustainability" is understandable, "cost-prohibitive" though less appealing would also have worked, or even just a blunt statement like "we don't want to give away calendars anymore”, but don’t tell me the demand declined when it was actually the availability. A smarter idea would have been to take photos from past calendars (hello cost savings) then taken orders from clients willing to pay for a calendar, print up the exact number needed, and ship them out in December with all proceeds going to say WWF to pick a charity at random. Your cost are covered, the people who really want a calendar get one, and a charity gets a potentially sizeable donation. Instead, you look bad, we feel bad, and some charity is missing out.

Feel free to steal that idea for 2018.

Sillycat
Resident

I honestly can't believe that demand for the calendars has declined as it has always been a problem trying to get one in time. We rejoined Telus from a different provider and the selling point was that we would start receiving the calendars again. Digital calendars don't cut it; the paper quality isn't the same. I have kept every Telus calendar from the first year they came out. I am HUGELY disappointed with this version. Hopefully, it can be reversed and still have one available for 2017. I am all for reprinting past photos, just don't stop printing the calendars!

NukeMike
Resident

The news that it will be a digital only calendar is very disappointing.

The physical calendar has been a perk (remember when that used to be a Telus marketing thing!) for a number of years.

Please let Telus management know that this is very disappointing for Telus customers.  

This is something that my kids look forward to having each year.  

At the end of the day, I suspect that has nothing to do with being green, but rather saving money.