cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail indicator

Cyrus
Organizer

I delete all messages in my mailbox and i still get a new voicemail indication on my screen, how do i get rid of this, its very annoying. Its always there..I hate it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thanks I'll try it.

View solution in original post

Ok, first of all I have a panasonic cordless home phone and this problem might be common to this phone, I don't know.

Anywho I left a message and deleted it from my phone and it worked, new voicemail idication gone. Beforehand I deleted the message online and it didn't clear the indicator. So I'll assume that to clear the new voicemail message on one's phone you have to delete messages from said phone. Amen and thankyou.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cyrus
Organizer

Never mind I fixed it, needed to turn off tone in the phone menu...doh

now its back again and still no new messages....whats with this?

Hi, you might want to try to leave yourself a message, then call your voice mail and delete the message. I had the same issue once and that's how I fixed it.

Thanks I'll try it.

Ok, first of all I have a panasonic cordless home phone and this problem might be common to this phone, I don't know.

Anywho I left a message and deleted it from my phone and it worked, new voicemail idication gone. Beforehand I deleted the message online and it didn't clear the indicator. So I'll assume that to clear the new voicemail message on one's phone you have to delete messages from said phone. Amen and thankyou.

I am having the same issue. The voicemail indicator light on my phone as well as the three short beep ringtone have been on my phone for a few days now. I tried listening through every menu, went to. Y old voicemail and there were no messages there, called the phone to leave a message and then deleted but still it flashes, ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT, which is very distracting when the house is pitch black. I am none too pleased with this new voicemail system--very un-user friendly.

I left a message on my phone and then deleted it from the phone[not online] and it cleared it and haven't had a problem since. But then again I use the answering device on phone now and not telus.