cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I have been a customer with Telus since August 2008 with same plan 3 year plan.............

alex1234
Just Moved In

Plan is : Voice&Data 40 for $40.00

Includes :

200 Local any time minutes 

Favorite Number CAN 10 includes Favourite Numbers - Free # LD

Data 100MB

Unlimited SMS / MMS

Call Waiting

Conference Calling

Voice Mail 3

Evening&Weekend(6PM-7AM) includes Free Weekends & Evenings (I didn't know I had this I assume its only local and not long distance)

Family Calling LD

Free Local Birthday Calls

So all that comes to $40.75 plus tax around $46.05

The strange part about this is my contract expires on September 15th. Two years ago I was under the standard 3 year plan and they offered me a free nexus 4 with $0 down.  So my only question atm is if I can keep my current contract and select another $0 phone plus include caller id as I have been a customer since 2008.

6 REPLIES 6

alex1234
Just Moved In

I forgot to mention it was a 3 year from 2008 to 2011 then another 3 year from 2011 to 2014 however in 2013 they contacted me and they switched it to a two year plan which is what I have atm.

jnhilton
Friendly Neighbour
Just go on Kijiji,grab a cheap phone,,I got and Alcatel Idol 3.
Same fone at Telus 300-350,,I paid $150.
Swap out your SIM grab a SIM Adapter from Bestbuy/The Source.
And don't waste your time with Telus
Had my $40 bring own device and 2gb Data for $20 =$63 wirh tax.
They were trying to tell me same thing is now $80,50plan & 30data =$84 with tax.
Absolute BS..

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Beware of SIM adapters. They can and do cause problems and damage to phones. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

To clarify the situation with SIM adapters.... if your SIM card falls out during the SIM+adapter removal.  The adapter void can/will RIP OUT the SIM pins on your phone.  Suddenly that $10 adapter will cost you a new phone.

I was lucky to realize what happened and then spent several minutes with pliers and screw drivers pushing the pins down to remove the adapter.

broken pins

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you wish another subsidized phone, I believe you have to choose from a current plan. If your current plan meets your needs, and is a better deal for you, it may be best to keep it and buy an unsubsidized phone. A similar plan today would cost about $60 per month, so if the Telus subsidy on a new phone is greater than $480, then a new plan might be to your advantage. Else your current plan, and a phone bought outright might be the better deal. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can keep your existing plan as is if you keep the same phone, OR if you purchase another phone completely. If you get a phone for $0, you will be entering a new contract, and a new plan, and I guarantee the monthly cost will be higher than your current one as the cost of the phone will be spread out over 2 years instead of 3. I'd say call in to Sales and see what options they do have for you.  (I bought my phone outright so I kept my old plan and the lower cost.)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂