cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent emails not being received

Irishgranny
Leader

I will send 3 emails to the same person..2/3 will not be received, but the 3rd one goes thru.  This happens to different people...different times....sometimes I've hit "reply" and it still won't be received.  I'm using IncrediMail as my mail program, never had a problem until this past month.  Working with Windows Xp and IE8....Any ideas ??

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using a Telus email address? If yes, what are the server settings you are using in Incredimail? (POP3 or IMAP, and the server addresses you have)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Yes...I do use a Telus email address.  My server address is pop.telus.net.....Incoming server  and smtp.telus.net as my outgoing server.  This is an intermittent problem...doesn't affect all my outgoing mail, but there are a couple that it seems to happen to on a fairly regular basis...2/4 not being received but the 3rd one going thru.   Ideas ??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Is there anything in common about the recipient's email address? There can be all sorts of outages with various receiving servers
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks. Andrei.....

The two main people I seem to be having trouble with both use Shaw.ca....so it seems the problem may be between IncrediMail and Shaw.  I tried sending email to both using Telus webmail and that went thru fine.  Guess I may use webmail in future for both...Also, because i never know if they've missed my email, will change the settings , so I ask for a reply receipt.  ...Maybe I can get them to switch to Telus...LOL 1

Thanks again.....Merry Christmas ! 

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using a Telus email address? If yes, what are the server settings you are using in Incredimail? (POP3 or IMAP, and the server addresses you have)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yes...I do use a Telus email address.  My server address is pop.telus.net.....Incoming server  and smtp.telus.net as my outgoing server.  This is an intermittent problem...doesn't affect all my outgoing mail, but there are a couple that it seems to happen to on a fairly regular basis...2/4 not being received but the 3rd one going thru.   Ideas ??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Is there anything in common about the recipient's email address? There can be all sorts of outages with various receiving servers
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Andrei_C
Friendly Neighbour

Hi!

Just to make sure all is covered, make sure the port for smtp.telus.net outgoing server is 1025. Also, outgoing requires authentication same as incoming but that should not be a problem since some of the messages are sent.

I am thinking it might be a problem with Incredimail, or if some of those emails have large attachements, server might time out. If thats the case, check in settings and change the timeout option to a longer time, most email clients have it set by default to one minute.

Just to rule out Incredi mail also... Try sending the messages from webmail.telus.net also. If that works, give another email client a try...

All I could think of at the moment, good luck!

Thanks. Andrei.....

The two main people I seem to be having trouble with both use Shaw.ca....so it seems the problem may be between IncrediMail and Shaw.  I tried sending email to both using Telus webmail and that went thru fine.  Guess I may use webmail in future for both...Also, because i never know if they've missed my email, will change the settings , so I ask for a reply receipt.  ...Maybe I can get them to switch to Telus...LOL 1

Thanks again.....Merry Christmas !