cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Survey

Darkbob
Organizer

Hey people.  Just a friendly head's up.  I was over on the Telus web site and it asked me if I wanted to do a survey when I was done.  Meh... why not.  Typical Telus satisfaction survey.  

Then a bit later I was on a slightly sketchy web site and downloaded an MP3 ring tone.  Next thing I see another Telus survey pop up.  Needy much Telus?  What's with you today?  But the site looked very legit - just like the last survey I took.  Maybe I forgot to close a window or something?  But this time I got a free Note 10.  Mmm... Ok... I could use a Note 10.  One question in I happened to notice the survey URL was BellRewardsMe  

Wait a second... Bell and Telus don't team up to survey me about Telus.  And nobody is handing out free Note 10's - Telus is super cheap!  This smells like a SCAM!  So I quickly closed the browser window then just to be safe I tossed the laptop out the window (just kidding).

A bit of googling later I found the fake Telus survey a fairly well known scam where they get you to "only pay for shipping" which usually runs you about $180 - $350.  And of course you get nothing.

So watch out for fake Telus surveys.  And probably don't do the real ones either just to be safe.

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

Darkbob  Filled out several telus surveys several days after i talked with them no problems. Did you report (foreword) the weird survey to telus at ([email protected])

Nope.  No time.  I was too busy drilling a hole in my hard drive to stop the virus from infecting my network.  🙂

But next time I'll be sure to do that.  Thanks for the info.  I didn't know Telus had an email for reporting abuse like that.