cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Joey2
Just Moved In

Why did Telus remove Amazon and iTunes gift cards? It was nice getting a little 'gift' now and then. Now, however, the only things left in the program are contests, which have no value unless you (unlikely) win, or donations to charitues. I already give substantially to charities. The Rewards program was a nice treat. Now it is not. I was very disappointed to find the gift cards gone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amazon Prime reward is back in stock. Got mine the other day.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

@Joey2 wrote:

Why did Telus remove Amazon and iTunes gift cards? It was nice getting a little 'gift' now and then. Now, however, the only things left in the program are contests, which have no value unless you (unlikely) win, or donations to charitues. I already give substantially to charities. The Rewards program was a nice treat. Now it is not. I was very disappointed to find the gift cards gone. 

Maybe the subcontracted that out for Dell to handle as well?

xray
Hero
As long as they don't take away the annual option to apply it to my bill I'm happy.

All reward points an options are showing on my account . Perhaps checking account info and changing up to a new password would help you. Good luck. Polecat

@polecat Joey2 was asking specifically about Amazon and iTunes gift cards. I don't see those reward options. Do you?

@Joey2 I do see prepaid Mastercards which better than giftcards because you can use them anywhere.

I wonder how many people enter the contests. If the vast majority choose something else your chances of winning may be pretty good.

Xray and Joey2  I don't see the Amazon or iTunes either. Looked at it to fast i guess. In a rush this am.Polecat

Xray----- The prepaid MC can only be used at Telus stores that are signed on to the plan. Not everywhere. Polecat

You aren't the only one that looked at it too fast. It's not really a Mastercard then. It's more like a Telus gift card processed by Mastercard. Not that useful to me considering I've never bought anything from a Telus store.

YES XRAY  There is hidden animal on most sites like this whose name is Seemore and likes to hid. Fooled me a few times you have to really follow it to the very end. I don't think Telus would like us to use a $50 MC to buy into a Shaw promo. Polecat

I would like to use my TELUS Points as a credit towards my monthly bill. I know I can do this once a year. Where on the TELUS website is this option? I have been advised by a TELUS customer service rep that this can only be done on the TELUS website with the self serve option. I just cannot locate it anywhere in the TELUS awards section of the website

I like using TELUS Points as a credit towards my monthly bill. I know I can do this once a year. Where on the TELUS website is this option? I have been advised by a TELUS customer service rep that this can only be done on the TELUS website with the self serve option. I just cannot locate it anywhere in the TELUS awards section of the website

Answer is at the beginning of this thread and is marked as the most helpful post. It's hard to miss.

Sorry, that answer was for the Amazon reward question.

Here is your anwer, which can be found with a search on "redeem rewards"

https://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Home-Account/How-to-redeem-points-for-rewards/m-p/109692

Janann
Advisor

I agree. This entertaining thread summarizes what I found when looking a few days ago. The selection's pretty limited, and much of it seems to lead back to Telus in products or services that I don't need. I did get an Amazon gift card in May, and they had iTunes then. Now, I guess I'll just save points for the annual application to my account balance, because there's nothing else of interest.

I don't check regularly. I'm hoping the selection goes through rotation, and they'll offer the gift cards again.

Wow... never heard of Telus rewards.  I had to google it.  Logged in and found I have 37 points.  I kept going through "more rewards" until I found that I could spend 25 points on a $25 bill credit.  So free $25.  Not bad.  Now what to do with the extra 12 points?  Guess I wait for next year because it won't let me use 10 points for a $10 bill credit.

Rewards have being offered for several years now. Read the rewards carefully prepaid mc only good at Telus stores.  Points add up when you pay your bill or purchase at store etc.

paulpooco
Organizer
Yes waited to get 79 points and now I don't see the Amazon Prime reward?

Amazon Prime reward is back in stock. Got mine the other day.

Thanks I'll check that out.

Paul