cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing popup

Irishgranny
Leader

After spending 2 hours yesterday with Support, changing password, doing scan, going thru every conceivable possibility, everything seemed fine.  But no, today my Phishing popup is back !  Is anyone else getting this message...."Your Telus account settings are out of date"  ??  Am I just going to have to live with it ?  Everything...History, settings. cookies...everything...was checked by the Telus tech, so don't think there's been anything missed, and certainly not anything I can do.   Just want to know if I'm the only one to get this message????

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
What URL are you visiting to see this “pop up” I don’t have any issues on my Mac or PC(s).

I suggest using super anti spyware..

And checking to make sure your browser doesn't have any bad plugins or toolbars. Running the browser in safe mode may be something to try.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The Telus tech checked EVERYTHING  yesterday...so doesn't seem to be a resident problem.   Have had 2 today...one when I first opened  Amazon.ca and then about 3 hrs later when I opened my Chrome  Google browser.  So it doesn't seem to just prefer one site.  Once it pops up, within a few seconds, it disappears from the screen..just lets me know its still around !  I 'm just wondering if I'm "SPECIAL" or if others have this also.

Sounds like malware don’t assume they checked everything.. as suggested run a scan with superantispyware..

And consider trying from a different browser just in case one of the add-ons in Chrome has gone bad.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks guys...will try the different browser....don't have a SuperAntiSpyware program....ran an AVG scan..didn't show anything.  But have a feeling it's something I'm going to have to live with!  But considering all the other things that could go wrong, guess I'm getting off easy.   Thanks again!

I have a saying for AVG. All viruses good.

Superantispyware is a free download. Give it a whirl.