cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

roh911
Just Moved In

Hi.

I use my internet for gaming and i've noticed that the internet speed gets extremely slow when ever i play. i am currently paying for 50 MBps. When ever i start playing games, the internet speed goes down to around 5-10 MBps, and my ping goes up anywhere from 300ms to over 1000ms. In the passed, i had shaw internet. While i had shaw, i never had any problemes, and i had the same internet speed. i use wifi to game, and i am about 2 or 3 meters away from the router. When i game, no other divices are turned on. I am considering switching back to shaw because i never had any problemes with them

Thank you.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify.... what games are you playing?

Does speed improve if you play in the morning?

View solution in original post

roh911
Just Moved In

i mainly play Blacklight Retrebution. the internet speed stays the same all day.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the router is only 2 or 3 meters away, have you tried connecting by ethernet instead of wireless? I know when I first got my Telus gateway I had to change the wireless channel because too many others nearby had the same one and it was killing my wireless speed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify.... what games are you playing?

Does speed improve if you play in the morning?

roh911
Just Moved In

i mainly play Blacklight Retrebution. the internet speed stays the same all day.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the router is only 2 or 3 meters away, have you tried connecting by ethernet instead of wireless? I know when I first got my Telus gateway I had to change the wireless channel because too many others nearby had the same one and it was killing my wireless speed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MTL_Dave
Ambassador

Hey,

If you're playing the games wirelessly I would highly suggest to wire in your console.  It will give you a much better connection.

Hope this helps you!

H_D