cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got an offer from Shaw and seriously considering it, but, I have a 3 year contract with Telus

kiddo47
Just Moved In

Got an offer from Shaw but I have a 3 year contract with Telus (got a Samsung Tablet for it), how much would I need to pay to cancel the 3 year contract that is expiring on Februay of 2015

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jason_A
Organizer

Hi Kiddo47,

Cancellation fee for TELUS Optik TV is $10/month for the remaining months and internet with a Tablet is $9/month. So there are 18 months left on your term. 19*18=$342

I'm happy you are looking for options for a best price and are concious of the market, I would suggest you do give TELUS a call at 310-2255 before you make your decision and ensure you're getting the most value from your package or customize it so it does.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Member of the TELUS team

View solution in original post

I agree with your evalution of Shaw. I had a contact with them for ten years before switching over to Telus. They quietly increase my rate every year starting at $50 per month to over $100 per month. When it reached over $100 per month and they said they are adding an additional $5 per month in the next cycle I told them I had enough of their increasing rates. I returned the cablebox to them and cancel my contract with them. I received no apologies, any credit or refund from them. I had maintained a credit balance on my Shaw account.

I now have a full feature home bundle with Telus. I had just renewed my contract with them for another three years. Telus has a consistant rate I can easily manage. Don't let Shaw's deceiving ads influrene your decision. Review their rates and the fine prints under Terms and Conditions. Compare them to Telus. You will find a big difference between them. This is where you should base your decision on.   

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

someone_9e9
Ambassador
If there is a tab devide it but if none u pay 500 bucks i believe

Jason_A
Organizer

Hi Kiddo47,

Cancellation fee for TELUS Optik TV is $10/month for the remaining months and internet with a Tablet is $9/month. So there are 18 months left on your term. 19*18=$342

I'm happy you are looking for options for a best price and are concious of the market, I would suggest you do give TELUS a call at 310-2255 before you make your decision and ensure you're getting the most value from your package or customize it so it does.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Member of the TELUS team

Hey,

Well I just switched over to Telus Optik TV and I really really like it so far.  I was with Shaw for 20 years and they quoted me a lower price with the same channels that I had so I said ok sure.  Then they cut off most of my channels and when I complained they said oh our appologies we will fix that right away.  So they did but not all of the channels that I had so I called back the next day and they added the rest of the channels and then said well you have added 18 channels so it is more money in fact I had not added any other channels they were channels I already had when they agreed to the lower price.  So after 20 years of being with a company NEVER BEING LATE on my monthly bill, that is how they treated their loyal customer.

So before you decide to switch to Shaw it is good for the first 3 months or so but then they get you good after the promotional period is up.  I would suggest to do your dudilligence and talk to a few Shaw Customers before making your decision.   Regards, Bigmomma1962

I agree with your evalution of Shaw. I had a contact with them for ten years before switching over to Telus. They quietly increase my rate every year starting at $50 per month to over $100 per month. When it reached over $100 per month and they said they are adding an additional $5 per month in the next cycle I told them I had enough of their increasing rates. I returned the cablebox to them and cancel my contract with them. I received no apologies, any credit or refund from them. I had maintained a credit balance on my Shaw account.

I now have a full feature home bundle with Telus. I had just renewed my contract with them for another three years. Telus has a consistant rate I can easily manage. Don't let Shaw's deceiving ads influrene your decision. Review their rates and the fine prints under Terms and Conditions. Compare them to Telus. You will find a big difference between them. This is where you should base your decision on.   

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

Geoff
Neighbour

the inducement i received to switch to telus is a laptop, was in for repairs with a non working fan one after one month and now shuts off from overheating. no recourse from telus on their promo-gone-bad? anyone else explored ways to invalidate the contract based on non-performance?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@ Geoff. Seems to me that warranty issues belong to the manufacturer, not the vendor. Not sure why you expect TELUS to rebate, repair or replace the toaster you received.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

anyone know what the new legislation is regarding capping terms at 2 years on service contracts?

i'm certainly sharing my telus experience and would discourage anyone thinking their promos offer sufficient reason to tie in on a contract... just kinda working social media, letting people know my outcome...

Geoff
Neighbour

I've had similar terrible experience with telus on their lap top promo, which induced me to sign on for three years.

it's an inferior product which has been sent for repairs twice. telus attitude is not our problem, it's your problem. should have stayed with shaw and bought the lap top at costco for $350. be warned, don't be in a hurry to sign on here, service sucks!