cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got charged for calls to the US, why?

lorilahti
Just Moved In

I got charged for calls to the US when my package says "Long Distance North America Unlimited.  Why was I charged for these calls?

5 REPLIES 5

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

@lorilahti​ That's something we can't answer. Your best bet is to reach out to their client care team. Here's a link to their contact us page - www.telus.com/contactus

iPhone power user

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lorilahti @Dark_Knight is right - it will be difficult to answer your question with sparse details. 

One explanation that occurs to me would be that you're on a limited minute plan with unlimited North America calling where the "unlimited" portion refers to "toll" or the long distance fee itself but not any extra minutes you incur over and above what's included in your plan.

xray
Hero

@dru, assuming @lorilahti posted in the correct forum (home account) the charges in question are for a land line so there are no minute limits.

By chance were the calls to Puerto Rico? The condition on the unlimited US and Canada LD plan is that Puerto Rico is excluded.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@xray

Telus' $6 Long Distance plan includes only 300 minutes before charging 5 cents/minute. Most of the other plans are unlimited as you state.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/home-phone/long-distance-plans.jsp

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

@NFtoBC, you are correct. I didn't mention the 300 minute LD plan because @lorilahti specifically mentioned "unlimited" in the post.

We are all guessing here as to what exactly is the situation since very little information was provided.