cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Telus to stop calling me?

JJLad
Just Moved In

At least once every 2-weeks, I get a call from India trying to sign me up for Telus services.  I've told them on no less than three occasions to stop calling me and to take me off their contact list.

No such luck!  I am so sick and tired that as soon as I hear the 'accent'...I just hang up!  Telus….get you marketers under control!

13 REPLIES 13

polecat
All-Star

Could be a scammer. Have you  searched he phone number. Weird  area code will tell you it is not Telus. Then report it to Telus at ( [email protected] ) I have reported numerous numbers to in last 2 years. It works. Polecat

If it's a legit call from Telus it will probably always show the same phone number on caller ID.  You should be able to just block that one number - problem solved.

But many of these calls are from scammers.  I get a call from "Westjet" all the time telling me my boarding pass has been selected for some amazing prize.  *click*.  Problem is the call comes in on a different number all the time.  Often from my area code.  Once from my own phone number.  Scammers can "spoof" any number they want and show that number to you in your caller ID.  Unfortunately blocking one specific number won't help. 

There are blocking programs you can get for your phone that maintain a large database of scammer numbers.  You click "report" on the number and it gets added to the database.  Problem there is you might end up reporting your own number or some totally innocent person's number.  Every time my son would call my phone would say "Scam Likely" because his phone number had been spoofed for scam attacks and now nobody will answer his calls.  Not that he ever calls anybody.  He just texts.  But it could be a problem for some people.

The whole industry needs a top-down redesign of the caller ID system so people can't spoof numbers.  But I doubt Telus can do anything about that on their own.

@Darkbob wrote:

But many of these calls are from scammers.  I get a call from "Westjet" all the time telling me my boarding pass has been selected for some amazing prize.  *click*.  Problem is the call comes in on a different number all the time.  Often from my area code.  Once from my own phone number.  Scammers can "spoof" any number they want and show that number to you in your caller ID.  Unfortunately blocking one specific number won't help. 

I use the free Call Control feature on my Telus landline. It's stopped 100% of the spam robo calls like the Westjet and Marriott ones.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/call-control-explained

I wish Telus would offer it on the mobile service as well.

xray
Hero
Tell them you already have all the Telus services.

Telusplanetemailuser
Just Moved In

You can't.  i am continuously getting emails offering me discounts if I will get optik TV from mobility.  I have Optik TV,  They may send me an email that is worth reading one day but I don't read any of them because now I assume it is just another email offering me a service I already have.  It is all automatic and they are not smart enough to customize

At the bottom of every email is an unsubscribe link.

ilosar
Friendly Neighbour

I get them often, sometimes daily twice a day. I never answer, but was starting to wonder if they were calling me to get a better deal with my package. Glad I found this. But how can I get them to stop? That's what I wanna know.

Meowmix
Ambassador
Hello @JJLad

I had those call come to me and finally traced one that was not connected to Telus but it was a third party company. Unfortunately they are third party and would call constantly until I told the Rep I know the information on where they are located. The calls stopped.

It seems to be happening with many carriers. Happened when I was with Rogers too.

This is a forum which Telus reps don't usually come on. So you woild need tk contact Telus and have them remove ur number if they can or block the numbers that call u

SarahJ
Just Moved In

We have caller ID on the phone and we don't answer calls from Telus or from any unidentified number.  If it is really important they will leave a message and we can decide whether to call back.  But I only need to speak to Telus if I want to change something, not because they want to change something.  If it's really important they can leave a message or email me via my account.

Be aware that in my experience if you are dealing with a telemarketer they will try to get you to sign up on the spot and 'no written offer is available' for you to consider.  So be very careful what you get pressurised into signing up for.

@SarahJ  Do a reverse lookup confirm area code an the listing. No listing report this to   ([email protected])     Scammer   Polecat

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you want actual communications from Telus to stop, call 310-1000 (Option 1) if you are in AB or BC.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

LynneGG
Just Moved In
I have the same issue, I'm so sick of their telemarketers

zaraa
Just Moved In

I completely understand your frustration with Telus constantly calling you. Unwanted phone calls can be incredibly annoying and disruptive. It's essential for telecommunications companies to respect their customers' preferences and privacy.

To address this issue, I recommend taking proactive steps to stop the calls. Start by contacting Telus directly and clearly expressing your desire to be removed from their calling list. You can also inquire about their opt-out policies and make sure your contact information is removed from their database.