cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Labour and Costs for Upgrading to 50MBPS

kruisey
Advisor

The charge was $75 and partial charge $10,

Was not informed when I ordered this upgrade that I would be charged.

I phoned Telus yesterday and they told me there was no charge.

Can anyone explain this>

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I have e mailed you a reply.

The wiring was already in for the 25 mbps so he just went into the Telephone Cupboard in the apartment complex and in my Telus wired box in the suite.He put a 4 point outlet in the wall.He told me about the 4 outlet after the fact i didnot ask him to do that.Have never been charged for my other upgrades.He bonded the wiring to get the 50 mbps.

He or Telus never told me there would be a charge .

i was charged for labour and parts for the install on 6th December.

In October another line was added to my account and  received a two monthly charge on the November bill.I never requested an added line so they took it off gave me the two month credit back but have more than taken it back with this latest charge..

View solution in original post

Ok contacted Telus today .Have been told their computer was naughty again just with my account no humans involved and added $85 dollars ,Hum methinks their computer does not like me . Telus computers are the first in the world to actually think out their own software input . 

Hey,

Yes that 's correct, there is no charge to upgrade.  The only time a charge would be applied is if they had to move the modem or do inside wiring, but they would advise you of charges BEFORE starting any work.

Hope this helps you!

H_D

8 REPLIES 8

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Normally that kind of charge is usually associated with any inside wiring work that was done. Did the charge show up on your monthly statement already?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I have e mailed you a reply.

The wiring was already in for the 25 mbps so he just went into the Telephone Cupboard in the apartment complex and in my Telus wired box in the suite.He put a 4 point outlet in the wall.He told me about the 4 outlet after the fact i didnot ask him to do that.Have never been charged for my other upgrades.He bonded the wiring to get the 50 mbps.

He or Telus never told me there would be a charge .

i was charged for labour and parts for the install on 6th December.

In October another line was added to my account and  received a two monthly charge on the November bill.I never requested an added line so they took it off gave me the two month credit back but have more than taken it back with this latest charge..

Ok contacted Telus today .Have been told their computer was naughty again just with my account no humans involved and added $85 dollars ,Hum methinks their computer does not like me . Telus computers are the first in the world to actually think out their own software input . 

I have some information have confirmed with Telus that there is no charge for upgrading from 25 mbps to 50 mbps on the internet therefore I should not have been charged $85 this is being refunded to me.

Also the two prevous months when I was billed for an extra line into my home have been refunded.

Altogeether this was $130 on my account not accounting for GST PST right before  the holiday season.

Now that was not very nice was it Telus?

Ok please who ever put  solved tick which I have taken off please wait until Telus  refunds my $85

I don't know who you are Nighthawk but if you represent Telus get your facts right.There is no charge for an upgrade from 25 mbps to 50 mbps

Hey,

Yes that 's correct, there is no charge to upgrade.  The only time a charge would be applied is if they had to move the modem or do inside wiring, but they would advise you of charges BEFORE starting any work.

Hope this helps you!

H_D

The tech did do some work in the Telephone room of the apartment block did give me a new modem and added and extra line from the wall.At no time was I told there would be an extra charge .

Thank you for your answer this was the same answer that the guys and gals gave me from Loyalty and Retention.I have got my credit back.