cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing! 10x higher than usual but any customer rep cannot tell me why!

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION, I AM JUST STATING WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!

i am with a promotional with telus in a new address, free for a year, Dec 2017-Dec 2018. i will just pay for  unlimited data at $15.75. Before my promo ended, I got convinced to stay with them with a good offer. Now I will pay $50 a month for that new deal. To my surprise, I just saw in "My Telus" account I must pay $144.95! I tried to contact telus chat and called a few days asking why, they cannot tell me why until my bill statement will come! Well, what do you expect! IT NEVER DID! The good customer rep i spoke to just told me that she can set a limit in my pre-authorized payment for $55 (if ever the issue hasnt been solved and they will deduct that amount to my account). And it really did happen, NO STATEMENT BILL for October 28 to November 27, and they just maxed out my limit for pre-authorized bill pay, I believe i must just pay $15.75 in that period, with $89.95 still waiting to be paid! I AM UPSET! Now I tried to contact escalation department. IF THIS IS NOT SOLVED, in a timely manner, i will not hesitate to contact CRTC or CCTS. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

UPDATE:

The bill DID came, the over charges was from the unactivated promo that was $50 for internet 300. I spoke with another customer service and they said it will be ok this December 28 since the promo did not take effect immediately.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Firstly, why isn't your statement currently available online? My December statement covering November-December is already in My Account so your October-November statement should definitely already be in your account. It should be front and centre when you are in the Billing tab if your billing cycle is the 27th of the month. If the December statement is already showing, scroll down to Past Bills and you should see the November one there. The statement is usually showing BEFORE the payment is taken.

I suspect there are some key details that may not have been mentioned.

• Do you have only internet, or TV as well?
  • What date is your free period supposed to end on?
  • What date did you call in to make the change?
  • What date was the new rate supposed to actually start?
  • What other changes to the service did you agree to?
  • What efforts have been made to discuss this with a Telus representative? Did you just escalate instead? 

You should really look up what the CRTC and CCTS mandates actually cover. If either even touch this issue, they will be looking for all of the above information. Also, you should realize that going to escalations may slow down the process. Even though you may be frustrated, just talk to someone in customer service nicely and you should get some positive results. First thing I'd be looking for is the statement since that should already be in your account.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

No, it is the first time that they did not send me my billing statement. The latest past bill i have was for October which i paid last November, that is why I am so upset about this.

I suspect there are some key details that may not have been mentioned.

• Do you have only internet, or TV as well? - No, I just have internet. No TV. But for the promotional, have Optiv tv box with internet that went smoothly for the 11 months. 

• What date is your free period supposed to end on? - Dec 8, 2017 to Dec 7, 2018 with no contract. I upraded Last Nov 27, 2018 before it will expire.

• What date did you call in to make the change? - I call November 17 to make the change.

• What date was the new rate supposed to actually start? - November 27 and I have the agreement that was sent in my email.

• What other changes to the service did you agree to? $50 for internet 300 with unli data for 2 year. I have the agreement sent in my email

• What efforts have been made to discuss this with a Telus representative? Did you just escalate instead? Dec 8, i have a chat to telus rep. He said i will wait for a bill 4-7 days. Dec 12, I called them, they sent a ticket again and just did the set limit for the pre-authorized bill to $55 because they know something is not right and still waiting for my bill for Oct to November. They said they will respond quick. after 48 hours no update at all. I escalate, and the escalation department said they will check on it. 

I hope I answered all your questions if you are still in doubt. And thanks for asking.

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

Telus crop.png

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

I asked them nicely as I can, I will show you some screen shots to prove that what I am saying is true. Some problems ocurred when they did the first update last November 27 which I had no unlimited data and November 29 they updated it.

Crop 3.pngtelus crop 2.png

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

So you do have TV. What is the total price you're paying for the TV service? The charge for Optik TV is separate from the cost for the Internet 300.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

Free rental for a year to November 2019. Just the Optik Box, Not TV. Just for Netflix.

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for asking questions. FIrst, i stated that I don't have TV service. The TV service was FREE for a year, just service, NO TV. Second, i know that you don't believe me, as this is the first time that happend maybe in Telus History that they deducted huge amount without any billing statement or breakdown of cost. I will just wait for them to sort this and let's see what will happen. 

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

and please read, my NEW plan now has NO TV or TV service. Purely Internet (internet 300). I posted the agreement above. No more, no less. the TV service was in that promotional free tv and internet for a year.That is all it was and ended. I hope it is clear now. Thank you.

Jazz0413
Friendly Neighbour

UPDATE:

The bill DID came, the over charges was from the unactivated promo that was $50 for internet 300. I spoke with another customer service and they said it will be ok this December 28 since the promo did not take effect immediately.