At TELUS, we're constantly innovating to provide you with the best entertainment experience. We're thrilled to announce that starting October 26, 2022, we will be updating the Optik TV app and browser experience over the next few weeks in which a number of exciting new features will be launching! As part of the upgrade, we will also change the name to the TELUS TV+ app. To enjoy the upgraded experience, please update your app and browser bookmarks today.
1. An updated TELUS TV+ browser experience with a modernized user interface and keyboard controls.
2. Enjoy even more of your favourite HD channels, now available through the TELUS TV+ app.¹
What's new for Apple iOS
1. With the TELUS TV+ app, turn almost any screen into a TV screen with Apple Airplay so you can watch the big game on the big screen.
2. Picture in picture allows you to minimize your main viewing screen and open other apps in the background.
What's staying the same
Continue enjoying all of your Optik TV favourites on the new TELUS TV+ app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV with the same look and feel as the current Optik TV app.
What to expect
1. The first time you access the new app or browser experience, you will need to log in with your My TELUS credentials. Forgot your username or password? You can reset it at www.telus.com/mytelus.
2. As we upgrade your experience, there are certain app settings that will not be transferred between the Optik TV app and the new TELUS TV+ app. These include favourites, bookmarks (your viewing history and resume feed), closed captioning, and described video. For the full list of impacted settings check out https://www.telus.com/optiktvupgrade. Once you have the new TELUS TV+ app, don't forget to reset your preferences and settings.
Upgrading your TELUS TV+ app
To ensure your Optik TV app is automatically updated to the new TELUS TV+ app experience, please ensure automatic app updates are enabled on your device and simply log in with your My TELUS credentials. To learn more about keeping your app up-to-date, please visit the support article here.
Upgrading your TELUS TV+ web browser
We will also be upgrading the Optik TV browser with our new TELUS TV+ experience at telustvplus.com
If you have bookmarked the old Optik TV browser site, don't forget to update your bookmarks. For more information, visit our Optik TV app upgrade support page here.
Have a question about Optik TV or Pik TV and can't find the answer? Ask our community here at the TELUS Neighbourhood!
We hope you enjoy the new TELUS TV+ experience!
1 Please note that due to content provider restrictions, not all channels are available when you are away from your TELUS home internet connection.
TELUS, the TELUS logo, Optik TV, Pik TV, telus.com and the future is friendly are trademarks of TELUS Corporation, used under license.