why iphone 5 does not work in mexico

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

lucovitch
Just Moved In

I am in Mexico and my iPhone does not activate on any network. If I set network to manual, I see a list and if I select, the [hne always show no services.

How to fix?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
pappu
Connector

I agree with xl post.

If you find your iphone 5 is restricted by some carrier,You will need to unlock your iphone 5 to work with mexican sim card.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like Unlocking4U.com  Here you can  unlock your iphone by Remote unlocking method.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Orle
Connector

you may have to call telus.
Alot of people dont know they have international blocks on your account,
for example some people with not so great credit have blocks so they didnt have to pay a 500$ deposit.
in the long run its actually cheaper to buy a sim card from a carrier in mexico and go on prepaid for the time your down there.

-Orle
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@Orle wrote:
in the long run its actually cheaper to buy a sim card from a carrier in mexico and go on prepaid for the time your down there.

Of course, you want to make sure your phone is unlocked before getting the foreign SIM.

Most Helpful
pappu
Connector

I agree with xl post.

If you find your iphone 5 is restricted by some carrier,You will need to unlock your iphone 5 to work with mexican sim card.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like Unlocking4U.com  Here you can  unlock your iphone by Remote unlocking method.

View solution in original post

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@pappu wrote:

......For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like Unlocking4U.com  Here you can  unlock your iphone by Remote unlocking method.

For about $150 vs. Telus charge of $35 once your account has been active 90 days.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"