cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spoofed text messages

seismicdeath
Just Moved In
Someone is texting my wife posing as my cell number. Is text spoofing possible? So can this spoofer see my texts too? When my wife responds to me does the spoofer see it too? This is real...... My wife asked "why you type <something >" and I never typed it nor saw it in my text history.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That I don't know. If you're on Android and have malware present, it may very well have full access to your contact list. Also if you're using a third party texting app or if someone has your facebook password even.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is possible to spoof a SMS or text message. Additionally there is malware out there that can affect Android devices and send fake text messages. The infected apps are not super common though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It makes sense to be able to spoof my number, but how did the spoofer know numbers from my address book like my wife's number? Thanks for you reply.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That I don't know. If you're on Android and have malware present, it may very well have full access to your contact list. Also if you're using a third party texting app or if someone has your facebook password even.