account adjustment data usage

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

What is this account adjustment data usage?  Its using up all my minutes and I have never even made a phone call or txt message on my phone  (Iam a new customer)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
If you have a smartphone, it will access the data network behind the scenes to manage itself. You need to go to settings and turn off data use to prevent this, and have updates occur while you are on WiFi.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador
Basically charges you see there, are for data=internet. which in some cases as NFtoBC mentioned is done by your phone. If at the moment you don't have a data package or you just don't want to use it but you want to avoid in being charged for it you can turn your data from your phone or from your online account you can Block it as if you were adding a package -Prepaid data block- $0.

Or you can call *611 to request to have it blocked. Just let me tell you if you do that your MMS (Picture and Video Messsages) are going to be affected due to in order to send/receive them you MUST have data enable on your phone.

Or the easiest way will be by purchasing data package and not worry about it. 🙂

Hope this will help you!

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
If you have a smartphone, it will access the data network behind the scenes to manage itself. You need to go to settings and turn off data use to prevent this, and have updates occur while you are on WiFi.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Highlighted
Connector

you can also subscribe to one of their rate plans that include buckets of data. The $30 one is new.

https://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/prepaid/rate-plans.shtml

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador
Basically charges you see there, are for data=internet. which in some cases as NFtoBC mentioned is done by your phone. If at the moment you don't have a data package or you just don't want to use it but you want to avoid in being charged for it you can turn your data from your phone or from your online account you can Block it as if you were adding a package -Prepaid data block- $0.

Or you can call *611 to request to have it blocked. Just let me tell you if you do that your MMS (Picture and Video Messsages) are going to be affected due to in order to send/receive them you MUST have data enable on your phone.

Or the easiest way will be by purchasing data package and not worry about it. 🙂

Hope this will help you!