cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF279 Smarthub LTE Bridge mode Setup?!

k2spirit839
Coach

Hello. Would anyone know how to set up LTE Bridge Mode on ZTE MF279 Smarthub?? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No way around it. I’ve had both zte and HUAWEI hubs you’re stuck with the NAT. Though I’ve heard if you can acquire a b890 hub it has a bridge mode

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Bridge mode is not possible on the smart hubs.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Ok. So the LTE Bridge Mode doesn’t count as been a Bridge Mode function? Because it gives you the option of Wireless Broadband Mode, From what I understand it functions as LTE Modem/Gateway/Wifi Router and the other option is LTE Bridge Mode which I thought was something to be like a traditional Bridge Mode function on a wireline gateway?! Thanks.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

So are you still just trying to get around NAT? Even if it were possible to bridge it, NAT will still be there due to how the way the connection is set up for all of the smart hubs.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

No I am not trying to get around it, but rather avoid any extra layers of NAT! I want to use third party wifi router as the smarthub doesn’t allow many wifi users. Thanks.

All I would like to know is if anyone here has done it before? Before I attempt to set it up myself with out much insight on how! There is nothing online anywhere about how to do it. Thanks

No way around it. I’ve had both zte and HUAWEI hubs you’re stuck with the NAT. Though I’ve heard if you can acquire a b890 hub it has a bridge mode

I’ve also tried looking at loading/flashing different firmwares and other things but didn’t want to risk getting my account terminated. My last resort if they don’t give use rural users a comparable option to the city folk is Ubiquiti airfibre antennas on top of an 80ft tower and then rent a connection from someone.

MF279 is the worst. It freezes about every 8-10 days of use no matter what mode is used (what ZTE programmed as a bridge for Telus) or the 10 devices on either band (which in my books does not equal 20 because some equipment purchased does not always go either way!).
I use have the equipment sitting on a shelf and use other (unlocked and usable to any North American Cell service) and have a Modem that is LTE Bridgeable and a Router that is capable.
The feed in is ok because i blast a movie once in a whlie and use the rest for monitoring equipment so a lot of speed is not a big issue....however for gamers that want.to movies/surf/do what ever all at the same time 25g/s will crash

What modem are you using as a replacement for the mf279 and how do you like it? I need to move beyond the limitations of the mf279 pos