cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong time zone being automatically set.

randomeQT
Neighbour

I have a HTC One M7 and starting Nov 5 (out of the blue) my phone randomly switched to -3:30 Newfoundland time compared to the correct setting of -5:00 here in Windsor, On. I have tried restarting phone, turning auto time and auto time zone off and on, leaving off, I can set manually, but my widgets still display the wrong time. Turning back on results in a instantaneous time switch back to the incorrect time. Any ideas? 

26 REPLIES 26

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I see. Thoses settings are normally sent by the carrier.

GrahamC
Neighbour

Carrier is irrelevant. It's an update to the HTC phones sometime in the first week of November. Whatever info is being sent to the phone from a tower is being interpreted incorrectly inside the phone. By manually selecting the time zone, it eliminates the phone from interpreting the zone info being sent by the tower. Obviously it affects more than just HTC phones in Windsor. 

Anyways, I only popped in here to say it's more than Windsor, and to offer my solution that worked for me. 

Cheers all!!

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Thanks for sharing it @GrahamC 🙂

paqman
Just Moved In

Same problem - did a bunch of updates last night and my phone is set to GMT-4 now (I'm in Vancouver)

bmichaelb
Just Moved In

I have a Samsung GS3, living in Vancouver. The phone has 2 clocks, both managed by the software.. ie: Telus. So why the hell does the large clock display the time 1 hour behind the little clock? After daylight savings, it never updated. I was an hour late for an appointment because of this. What the hell!?!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@bmichaelb wrote:

I have a Samsung GS3,... The phone has 2 clocks, both managed by the software.. ie: Telus. 

Let me fix that for you: The phone has 2 clocks, both managed by the software.. ie: Samsung.

If one clock on your phone changed, then Telus' time server is clearly broadcasting the correct time.

Check and see if the widget is set to report the correct time / adopt Daylight Saving Time.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"