cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is MMS not supported on WiFi Calling at Telus?

VernD
Just Moved In

I'm moving to a new home that is just outside your coverage area and so I need to use WiFi Calling for services. It works fine except that you don't support MMS so when someone sends me a picture I get an error message instead. My wife is a Rogers customer and I wanted to switch her to Telus Mobility but that would be foolish.  Is there a plan to add MMS to the services on WiFi calling?

2 REPLIES 2

xray
Hero

It is supported according to this:

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/wifi-calling-explained

Wi-Fi Calling is a feature available on iPhone and Android that allows you to call and message (text and multimedia) over Wi-Fi when you have little or no cellular coverage.

Are you getting MMS when you are within normal cell range (not on WiFi calling)?

Foonus
Ambassador

Rogers MMS over WiFi is no bed of rose petals either, though enabled on the network I frequently find my Note 9 unable to receive or send MMS images/attachments with it until I disable WiFi temporarily just to let the attachment download after it has timed out several times on the MMS over WiFi. Comes in instantly on the LTE with WiFi disabled. Ongoing issue since purchase of they phone when it came out.

Not sure if its a network thing or if Samsung is to blame but **bleep** annoying when you can't rely on solid connectivity in 2020 in the middle of a large city.