cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock

Wayne71
Just Moved In
Hi, how do I unlock my TELUS phone here in New Zealand?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Devices cannot be unlocked through online channels at this time, so you would need to call in for assistance. *611 would be a free call if roaming with a TELUS device in New Zealand. Otherwise you would need to find a way to make a call to the other number above.

Additional information about device unlocking can be found here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

xray
Hero
If you can prove you had an account with Telus and they can trace the phone back to that account they will provide you with the unlock code. Contact them.

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

You won't be able to call the number listed on the TELUS website as it's a Canadian toll free number. International calls can be made to 00-1-416-940-5995 to the Client Care team for assistance.

^ Right. Try using the online Chat feature instead keeping in mind the time zone difference.

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Devices cannot be unlocked through online channels at this time, so you would need to call in for assistance. *611 would be a free call if roaming with a TELUS device in New Zealand. Otherwise you would need to find a way to make a call to the other number above.

Additional information about device unlocking can be found here.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

North American toll-free numbers can also be called using Skype. I understand you do not need to buy Skype minutes for toll-free calling.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"