cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus says I don't have a plan when I do? (Prepaid)

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

I recently bought a prepaid cell phone from Telus and I am very confused as to what my plan is exactly and I got a message and text from Telus after my first top-up saying I have to choose a rate plan to maintain service. Was that just a first-time use message everyone gets the first time they top-up their account?

I have Talk & Text 25 plan

I have a promo for Unlimited Nationwide Calling

I have a promo for a 0.15 cent rate? That's all it says.

However, my first top-up to maintain these plans since there is tax above the set amount of $25.00 for top-up (For said plans) said I had no plans and I would have to choose a rate plan to maintain service. (in the app and text)

It says my balance will expire in March 2020. Which means just the balance, not my plans right?

I am wondering if I will be able to keep everything as is (plans) when it's past March 2020? I was planning on keeping the prepaid phone for the foreseeable future and I am new to prepaid but this is very confusing getting a text saying I need a plan when I already have plans. I've set up auto-top-up every month so I don't have to worry about it but this is worrying that it said I needed a "new" plan ... 

I think I should be able to keep everything as is as long as I pay my cell bill every month correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@Brylee  Get on the phone and go to billing and have them check your account. We can't help you here. You must have to top up every month automatic ? or manually.  If you don't top up every 30 days you lose what money you didn't use and the account and number will be closed. I have $ 100 -365 400 calls 400 texts and if i don't top up in oct each year the account will close.  The phone for emergency and travelling only. Polecat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

polecat
All-Star

@Brylee  Get on the phone and go to billing and have them check your account. We can't help you here. You must have to top up every month automatic ? or manually.  If you don't top up every 30 days you lose what money you didn't use and the account and number will be closed. I have $ 100 -365 400 calls 400 texts and if i don't top up in oct each year the account will close.  The phone for emergency and travelling only. Polecat

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You need to have enough cash in your account to cover your 30 day plan purchases. This may mean buying a larger top-up amount some months, and leaving the excess until the following month. For instance, you may need a $50 top up this month, but only $25 top ups for the next few months.

You need to make sure, as @polecat states, to make your plan purchases every 30 days, or better yet, put them on automatic, making sure you have enough cash in the account to cover your purchase.

Remember, top-ups put cash in your account. Plan purchases let you use the network. They are two separate steps.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

I might of over-explained it, but in simple terms, I have topped-up $25 for my account balance and I have auto-renewal for $25 every month. So if I understand correctly from everyone, I should keep my top up filled for taxes (because it's about $29 with taxes and auto-renewal tops up $25) and the auto-renewal will take care of the rest.

I will give Telus a call to see what's going on, thank you, everyone. @NFtoBC and @polecat 

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

I couldn't find an option to talk to an agent from dialling #123 (Usually 0 is to talk to an agent) and I didn't want to pay for a call so I ended up going into a Telus store and they were helpful and said everything was okay and apologized for the text, which she didn't have to apologize but it was very courteous. ^.^

Thanks, everyone. the plans I have are working and it was just a fowl up. I just had to make sure, that's all 🙂

Take care.