cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus and RCS integration

TelusHatesRCS
Neighbour

Hello,

I have been looking forward to the idea of having SMS upgraded to RCS, it adds a whole list of features to the possible communication,

however Telus has been giving vague answers and have come up short on the promise of "Some time in 2018"

I would like an actual update on this, because all other carriers are already supporting it.

It's getting to the point where I will be switching providers.

55 REPLIES 55

I'm on a Pixel 4 and use Google messages and nope.. 

Screenshot_20200121-173252.png

This shouldn’t be happening..

DavidR
Friendly Neighbour
Me neither on my note 10 plus or op7 pro. Telus told me samsung has to update. Lol. I think telus is feeding us a bunch of bs. I dont think they have it at all. Might leave telus. Only been with them for 3 months. No contract. Lie to me I'm gone.

I experienced them "making up a lot of stories" when I was asking about wifi calling and why it was restricted to Canada only.  I'm not surprised if this happens with RCS also....

I just noticed Chat features are now enabled on my OnePlus One. I checked my wife's Nexus 6P and my daughter's Pixel 2XL and they both have it now as well.

I just noticed Chat features are now enabled on my OnePlus One. I checked my wife's Nexus 6P and my daughter's Pixel 2XL and they both have it now as well.

Chat also appeared on my Telus essential phone yesterday.  RCS, chat support proved by jibe mobile - Google.

DavidR
Friendly Neighbour
Android messeges wont work on my note 10 plus or op7 pro. Get an error saying my devices aren't compatible when trying rcs.

Get the Google Messages app and RCS will work. Works on my S20+, S20 Ultra and S8+. Samsung Messages RCS doesn't work.

DavidR
Friendly Neighbour
They are doing nothing. My note 10 plus and op7 pro both arent supported apparently. I think none are supported. Telus just yanking chains.

dhuhtala
Friendly Neighbour
Two years since this discussion started and STILL NOTHING?! How about if I stop paying my bill for 2 years...would that get your attention Telus?

DavidR
Friendly Neighbour
I'm thinking of going back to bell. Like this week. I have no contract and clearly telus isnt giving a **bleep**. Wife's s10e on bell has rcs. What a joke

Markdb
Just Moved In
This is getting absolutely ridiculous they need to get off their butts regarding RCS. Rogers fully rolled it out 2 years ago and nobody at the Telus call centre even knows with RCS even is when I call in let alone a roll-out date

DavidR
Friendly Neighbour
I looked into what bell has for support and they only support rcs on samsung devices but telus doesnt. This makes no sense.